Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend, my house was broken into, and among other things, 4 of my bikes were stolen. Please keep a lookout for the following and contact Portland Police (503) 823-2143 or myself [email protected] if you have any info.

Niner SIR 9. XL-ORANGE. Paul’s Thumbies XT Rear Der, SRAM X-Gen Front, Race Face Dues cranks, headset, stem and Next carbon post. One black and one grey Avid Juicy 5 disc brake. Salsa Pro-moto 17deg bars with Control Tech Stumpy barends, San Marco Strada saddle, Time Atack Ti pedals, Mavic A317 Rims, XTR centerlock hubs, Exi rear, Fast Track Front.

Also stolen:

Colnago Super “fixie” 62cm YELLOW. Sanshin track hubs on Mavic Ma2’s. Campy Chorus headset, Super record 170mm cranks and front brake. Black Spire chainring, BB is loose.

Serotta Nova Special X 64cm ORANGE, Campagnolo Nouvo Record Group, Mavic GL 330’s Vittoria Corsa CX front tire, Cyclepro Rear, Campagnolo alloy Freewheel. White Turbo Saddle, Black cloth bar tape. Toe Clips and Straps.

Schwinn Paramount 63cm Blue w White Panels. 60th anniversary frame, Campy Chours 10-spd group, Ritchey WCS bar stem post, Look carbon fork. RED Time Equipe pedals. Embroidered San Marco Strada Saddle

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Wow, that is truely sadening! Here's to a hopeful recover of some, if not all of these fine steeds. Were they insured? I know some are not replaceable, but hopefully you can recover their monitary value if not.

·
Shamisen Appreciator
2,087 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for them. I've been more and more concerned with my own as of late. Which area of town are you in? PM me if you don't want it public.

If you haven't already, check the PDX Craigslist.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

smudge said:
I'll keep an eye out for them. I've been more and more concerned with my own as of late. Which area of town are you in? PM me if you don't want it public.

If you haven't already, check the PDX Craigslist.
I live in Woodstock.

I've notified just about every bike shop in Portland, the reporting officer privately emailed me when he saw this thread, and Ryan at Niner bikes just called me back with my Serial # PY5480039. I would much rather get these bikes back than settle with my insurance co.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bad News

Sorry about your loss.

May I suggest you post this over on the Serotta forum,as they have a very active board.

http://www.serotta.com/forum/

If you don't want to register I would be glad to copy and paste your ad here for you with your permission.

dan

·
highly visible
3,284 Posts
I'm not far from you,also in lower SE. I'll keep my eyes open. Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope they get found. Even better, hope they catch the thieves as unlikely as it may be.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I may have found it?!?!

Sorry to bump your old thread, but did you find the bikes yet?
I ask because I just hit buy-it-now on ebay on a deal too good to be true, so I searched here and Ill ask before I pay for it.

I just hit buy it now on a SIR9, orange, XL, with raceface headset, and a black deus crank...
and Its in Portland, OR.

Let me know ASAP and I will call Ebay and the Portland Police before I pay for the frame.

·
Registered
37 Posts
skifastchad said:
Sorry to bump your old thread, but did you find the bikes yet?
I ask because I just hit buy-it-now on ebay on a deal too good to be true, so I searched here and Ill ask before I pay for it.

I just hit buy it now on a SIR9, orange, XL, with raceface headset, and a black deus crank...
and Its in Portland, OR.

Let me know ASAP and I will call Ebay and the Portland Police before I pay for the frame.
According to the above link the owner works at the business below

http://www.cyclonebicycle.com/contact.php

CONTACT INFO

General Inquiries: [email protected]
Employment: [email protected]

Toll Free: 800.927.9242
Local: 503.226.0696
Fax: 503.226.0824

Portland OR 97214 [Map]

·
Registered
127 Posts
FiftyPlus said:
According to the above link the owner works at the business below
Thanks, but not any more. I called Cyclone, he no longer works there.

I was able to find a phone number registered to the domain name of his blog. Hopefully he checks his voicemail. Hopefully this is his bike, so the crook can get the slap on the wrist he deserves.

·
PeanutButterBreath
169 Posts
The strange thing is, the seller is also selling a nail gun, another commonly stolen item...
Not tryin' to stir up anything, just sayin'

·
Registered
127 Posts
It gets better.

The frame he has listed tonight is also on the bikeportland.org stolen bike registry.
And its not a bike you see every day, its an Uber Unobtanium one of a kind road frame.
I talked to the niner owner, and contacted the pegoretti owner.
I hope my random ebay find leads to many more stolen bikes recovered to their rightful owners. This looks like its going to have a good ending.

-chad

·
45 gone, 15 to go
1,237 Posts
skifastchad said:
The frame he has listed tonight is also on the bikeportland.org stolen bike registry.
And its not a bike you see every day, its an Uber Unobtanium one of a kind road frame.
I talked to the niner owner, and contacted the pegoretti owner. Hopefully karma breaks this guys legs some day.

I hope my random ebay find leads to many more stolen bikes recovered to their rightful owners. This looks like its going to have a good ending.

-chad
Bike Bounty Hunter

Keep us posted. I am local to portland, and I am amazed at how many sweet bikes are stolen here. The bike portand stolen bikes registery is filled with very nice bikes. Educated thieves out here, for sure.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No doubt this dude stole this stuff. His Ebay listings are all stolen items. I checked the stuff he sold and it is all expensive random items. Police better grab him!

·
PeanutButterBreath
169 Posts
The buyer of the Niner frame should request address info to mail in a payment... then this guy is fugged! Its too bad cops don't take bike theft seriously... not in my city anyway.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Minor Threat said:
The buyer of the Niner frame should request address info to mail in a payment... then this guy is fugged! Its too bad cops don't take bike theft seriously... not in my city anyway.

Been there, done that. Its the first thing I thought of, since it also buys a week for the cops to deal with it. I gave the address to the niner's former owner, Unotache, the starter of this thread. He has dealt with the cops on 2 of his bikes which were returned.
I also talked to the owner of the pegoretti. Hopefully there are a bunch more stolen bikes in his apartment that find their way home!.

1 - 20 of 164 Posts