Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all,

Some a-holes broke into my house last week (Nob Hill) and among other things - made off with my bike - a 19" Kona The King. I liked the bike a lot too, and it's fair to say it's pissed me off.

I have more pics on my work computer, but here's an old one i have from when I first got the bike. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for all of Craigslist and ebay, but I'm not hopeful. At least it might allow me to get one of those badass 29er's I've been drooling over. Bike thieves suck.

I guess if you see one, just send me a message or something. Sh*t, i sound pretty resigned to this thing being history... Thanks!!!

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
List the build. It would make it easier to ID if somebody comes across it. I can make out a WTB saddle and Stans wheels (Arches/Flows?) but not much more. .

·
High Alpine Adventure
1,842 Posts
Scott the Great said:
Some a-holes broke into my house last week (Nob Hill) and among other things - made off with my bike -
Sorry to hear of your loss Scott... I had a bike ripped off from my house as well... in Nob Hill no less!!! :mad:

The lesson I learned is to lock the bikes all together and attach the mass to something solid. Yeah, they can still use a cutting wheel on a dramel to cut through things, but most crack heads don't think that far ahead. I had my house broken into again after that and they took some stuff but left the bikes. To much hassle I guess!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Adios

Thanks guys, I appreciate the moral support. When I posted this originally, I was still so blindingly pi$sed it was unreal. Or maybe I was depressed, I don't remember. NYE came and went though, and it was uh, pretty good... So now I think I've accepted that the bike is most likely history. Whatever, it's just a thing, and I still have my old-school Trek carbon hardtail, so it's not like I'm going to Target to get a fancy a new NEXT with a huge yellow springy shock on the back or something. (even though it would be fun to see how long it would take to detonate a bike like that.)

Oh yeah, the bike had Panaracer Fire XC tires, uh, a perfectly worn-in WTB seat (bastards!!!), CB Candy pedals (the blue ones), and it was bought from the old Sport Systems, so it's got thier sticker on it. There weren't many XC Kona's like that around (it was The King), so you see one, I bet that's it.

My guess is that nobody is going to try and sell it locally. It'll go up on CL somewhere else, so I'm randomly doing google searches for Kona's for all of CL and seeing what pops up. And I'm also spending a little bit of time over in the 29er forum with half a chub looking at some of those bikes. Drool... I was in Moab for the 24 hrs of Moab, and my buddy had a 29er and I rode it. Mistake.

I'm not expecting much, but if you happen to see one advertised somewhere, remember this thread. Thanks homies.
Scott.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.