Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, if you're in the Tempe AZ area keep your eyes peeled for a Cannondale f1000 "woody" hardtail. It has XT cranks, Mavic wheels, A lefty Jake, XTR dual control shifter / brakes and a VRO carbon riser bar with integrated stem. I don't have a recent pic of the bike, however it will look something like this: http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/02/cusa/model-2FS1.html

Thanks in advance for any help!!

-Ron

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
That sucks! And I don't know in that area but over here, it's very uncommon to find stolen bike back... but it happens, usually when the guy who steals or the one who buys it from him is an idiot (I know, I know, he steals so he is an idiot)...

My brother found back one bike he got stolen, a very rare bike and the guy didn't know much about bikes and went to have the BB repaired at the same shop the bike was bought from. The shop owner called home as soon as the guy left to check...

Good luck! Can you post the SN? Many stolen bikes can end up on ebay too...

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I figured it would be hard to find however since it has such a rare paint job, I figured someone might spot it. I don't have the S/N since it was a 2002 and I got it from a Cannondale Marketing guy so I never had a warranty card with the S/N and never thought to pull it off of the BB shell. My mistake I guess...

-Ron

·
One day at a time......
111 Posts
I can sympathize..

I'll look out for your Woody if you keep your eyes out for my brown 2007 F4. I had it less than 2 months. Tempe seems to be getting worse! Good luck!

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
At least it's not your only bike. I got one stolen once and I was a poor student back then. It was my only possession of that value (money and sentimental) and when I ended up without it, I didn't have a bike and it took 3 months to get the money from the insurence company to buy a new bike... right in the middle of summer! :mad:

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it is actually a good friends bike that I gave them when they moved to Arizona. I have all my bikes sitting safely at my house :) I have 3 other bikes so it is not really a problem for me. I am just really disappointed for her. She really enjoyed riding it and it was her primary mode of transportation around town. Now she gets to drive everywhere instead. Great. The worst part is whoever stole it is probably gonna sell it for 100 bucks to buy some smack or something. F'ing losers....

·
One day at a time......
111 Posts
Dan Gerous said:
At least it's not your only bike. I got one stolen once and I was a poor student back then. It was my only possession of that value (money and sentimental) and when I ended up without it, I didn't have a bike and it took 3 months to get the money from the insurence company to buy a new bike... right in the middle of summer! :mad:
Actually, it wasn't my only bike to be stolen. Someone broke into my garage and stole all three bikes and a bunch of tools while I was on vacation. I usually keep them inside the house, but my wife asked me to move them so we could have a christmas tree inside.:rolleyes: Thank god my insurance company is taking care of me!

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
magsdad said:
Actually, it wasn't my only bike to be stolen. Someone broke into my garage and stole all three bikes and a bunch of tools while I was on vacation. I usually keep them inside the house, but my wife asked me to move them so we could have a christmas tree inside.:rolleyes: Thank god my insurance company is taking care of me!
Although it sucks for you too, that reply was to Ron. I hope your insurance company is quicker than the one I had back then.

·
mad aussie
1,129 Posts
Will keep eyes peeled

At least the woody is distinctive and stands out!
I live in Chandler and often drive up through Tempe and I will keep and eye out for the bike.
I believe Tempe is in the top three cities in the US when it come to bike thefts.

Kevin

·
Registered
879 Posts
Very sorry to hear this, and I know we can all relate to the hassle of having to constantly watch our expensive bikes so they don't get stolen by some degenerate lowlife. Sorry to say it, but often times when bikes are stolen the thief will just strip the parts and sell everything separately. It's the same even when money is stolen. I remember many times back in middle and high school someone would get ripped off and the filthy swine would just spread the spoils around to his gang.

·
Registered
249 Posts
You gotta think that Karma is gonna get the guy. Keep an eye out on the news maybe you will see it wrapped in the wheelwell of a bus with the theif still on/in/around the bike! Too harsh?

Not sure where wishing vengence and harm on someone fits in the karma scheme...I was raised a Baptist.

I had two treestands stolen last archery season and I was so jacked:madmax: . All i could see in my mind was that tool falling out of the tree when he tried to put them up the next time....made me feel better!:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.