Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mtbr member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI,
I am trying to set up a 'watchdog network' to locate my stolen bike and fight for truth and justice on this matter for everyone who has had the same happen to them. I live in Alaska and my bike was stolen last Feb. Distinguishing characters of the bike;
Blue Chris King hubs and headset,
Mavic 321 rims,
Hayes 8in. disk HFX 9 (brakes),
Black Frame with decals stripped off(size Med.),
Marzocchi Super T Pro also with decals stripped off (fork),
5th Element rear (shock),
Michelin 2.5's fr/rr (tires),
Thomson seat post,
bezerker saddle,
XT Shimano drivetrain fr/rr derailers w/rapid fire shifters,
TruVativ Cranks,
'Woodman' cage pedals,
fr 270 handlebars.
It is basically all black except the anodized blue rear and front hubs, and headset (Chris King)
I am is love with biking and this bike was a once in a lifetime gift from someone close to me and now it's gone and i can't afford another one like it for a long, long, long time. Please if anyone in the Lower 48, Canada, or Alaska and abroad sees this bike call
907 457 3281
or email:
[email protected]
By the way the SERIAL # is: .CA5167
Below is a picture of a similar build, except mine is stripped of the decals, and has Blue hubs, and headset (Chris King).
Sincerely,
-jeff gimbel
Attached Images

Attachments

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Wow. That is a nice bike. Good luck getting it back; stolen bikes are the worst. Luckily a guy on here had his Yeti 575 found after it had been stolen, so there is hope yet. Make sure to call the Five-O, so they can call all of the local pawn shops, and warn any nearby bike shops, as they will probably eventually see it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
If it makes it's way to Maine, my eyes are peeled and my beat down stick is ready.. Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet Mainiac!

Nice,
I grew up in Maine in Brunswick area. Used to go to Sunday River and ride the lifts and in high school do the race circuit around the areas you probably tear up. Nice, hope that spring time is good there. Thanks,
-jeff

·
No longer riding a haro!
725 Posts
If I for some reason happen to see it in N.C, I will not tell you. I will have a new bullit to ride.... ;) Jk, good luck finding it.

Craig

·
Registered
301 Posts
That sucks!

That really sucks dude. Having something stolen from you is a very sh***y feeling. I hope you have some luck getting your avengence.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Grizzlywheels said:
Nice,
I grew up in Maine in Brunswick area. Used to go to Sunday River and ride the lifts and in high school do the race circuit around the areas you probably tear up. Nice, hope that spring time is good there. Thanks,
-jeff
Small world.... it's mud season right now and just warm enough to comfortably ride. Any time I go out I bring my bike's weight home in mud and crud.. If you wern't aware of it Sunday River has closed it's lifts. There is no longer any chair lifted DH here in the state. :( . I ride the Bangor area mostly... Good luck again on recovering your ride, I hope the bastids who took it share a cell with the preverbial "bubba". Since most bikes here cost more then a $1k isnt it grand theft?

·
Now riding Fox Shox!
479 Posts
If anyone in norcal sees an 04 hardrock pro with hayes mags, an 04 z1 FR, and kenda kinetics tires, pm me. Its most likely mine.

You should have put a note in the BB shell that says "This bike is stolen. *then put your phone #** " The guy who stole it may eventually take it to a shop and if they open the BB, and they are good guys, they will call the # and check on it.

If the guy comes down to norcal, I'll be sure to cut his arms, legs, tongue,and nose off, and then poke his eyes with broken spokes for ya.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That sucks! I doubt your bike made its way to LA, but I hope that you're able to get your bike back. Not to mention, beat the low-life who stole it...

Grizzlywheels said:
mtbr member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI,
I am trying to set up a 'watchdog network' to locate my stolen bike and fight for truth and justice on this matter for everyone who has had the same happen to them. I live in Alaska and my bike was stolen last Feb. Distinguishing characters of the bike;
Blue Chris King hubs and headset,
Mavic 321 rims,
Hayes 8in. disk HFX 9 (brakes),
Black Frame with decals stripped off(size Med.),
Marzocchi Super T Pro also with decals stripped off (fork),
5th Element rear (shock),
Michelin 2.5's fr/rr (tires),
Thomson seat post,
bezerker saddle,
XT Shimano drivetrain fr/rr derailers w/rapid fire shifters,
TruVativ Cranks,
'Woodman' cage pedals,
fr 270 handlebars.
It is basically all black except the anodized blue rear and front hubs, and headset (Chris King)
I am is love with biking and this bike was a once in a lifetime gift from someone close to me and now it's gone and i can't afford another one like it for a long, long, long time. Please if anyone in the Lower 48, Canada, or Alaska and abroad sees this bike call
907 457 3281
or email:
[email protected]
By the way the SERIAL # is: .CA5167
Below is a picture of a similar build, except mine is stripped of the decals, and has Blue hubs, and headset (Chris King).
Sincerely,
-jeff gimbel
Attached Images

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.