Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night (January 5, 2009), near 30th and State, someone entered our detached garage through an unlocked side door and made off with my wife's mountain bike. It's a medium, Iron Horse Mark III Trail, dark gray and stock except for the seat and pedals.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for two reasons. First, it'd be nice to get the bike back because our deductible is $500 - not holdin' my breath though. Second, as a warning, bike thieves are getting bold. This person entered our backyard through a gate to get to the side door, opened our electric garage door and then, spent a long time rifling through a bunch of junk. I talked to a shop owner in downtown Boise who watched some guys walk up with bolt cutters and cut a lock to make off with a bike. By the time he could get outside, the bike and thieves were nothing but *******s and derailleurs. It must be the economy or may be the first signs that Boise is beginning the inevitable slide into bigger city problems.

I don't have the serial number...I know...my bad. I really didn't think thieves would be this brazen and open an electric garage door with us at home.

Any info you can reply to this bong_crosby at hotmail dot com

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sorry 'bout the loss; guess one has to keep everything locked down these days.

Great handle, 'Bong Crosby'

..I have all your hits :thumbsup:

·
Back of the pack fat guy
4,018 Posts
I think it's the work of a gang of unemployed hedge fund managers, led by Bernie Madoff.

(Seriously, welcome to the crowd. Lots of bike thefts in and near downtown/North End/Foothills neighborhoods lately, including locked bikes and out of garages. Good luck finding it. As for insurance, what's it worth? Unless it's worth more than a couple of thousand clams, I'd hesitate making a claim - unless you want increased rates or to have your policy non-renewed.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.