Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
horn doggie
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Flocking scumbag emer-efers. Many of you know Ian Massey, a Pro DH racer very active in the CA DH scene, and one of the best product promoters ever. I just learned that his Concord home was broken into yesterday and his bikes stolen. Here's his description from a CL listing:

My name is Ian Massey I just cane home from work to find my house brocken in to in Concord [EDIT]. and My Turner DHR and Santa Cruz Heckler stolen I am a unsponsered Pro racer and cannot afford to replace these bikes I am offering a $500.00 Cash for there safe return. Please call if you have any info 1 707 688 3594. The Turner DHR is a 2006 w no paint(polished) a Fox DHX coil w/ti spring and a brand new 2009 fox 40 in white with a point 1 integrated stem and a blue Gamut chainguide all WTB components wheels tires seat ect. The heckler is a 2006 in white witha Fox rp3 shock a 2008 Fox 36 float with no paint a prototype Point 1 stem in 70mm length a red Gamut chainguide and all WTB components wheels tires seat ect, Riding is my livlyhood and I cannot afford to replace these bikes please help tell everyone you know!

Sincerely,
Ian Massey 1 707 688 3594

His bikes have some very telling components, including prototype Point-1 Racing stems.

Please help a bro out and keep your eyeballs peeled. Break knees and ask questions later if you see some home-boy selling or riding these bikes.

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
Ian called me last night also. This is horrible. Ian has the worst luck of anyone I know. I posted his last bike that got stolen off his car while he was volunteering his time to help a handicap class :bluefrown: Hopefully he gets his bikes back and we can hang these fuggers by their pinky toes and used em as a pinata! Or at least his homeowners ins. comes through??

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
FWIW,I live in the Concord area and will keep my eyes and ears open while out on Mt Diablo or at work at the local middle school. Since I know most of the kids who ride, I'll put the news out there. Good luck...

·
Lusus Naturae
2,874 Posts
Not sure why he chose to post his address for all to see on CL but surely savvy internet-aware thieves will make note that more bikes could be found at that location in the future.

Aside from that, I know the feeling all too well and hope he can find the bikes and bring justice to these thieves!

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
NoBalance said:
Not sure why he chose to post his address for all to see on CL but surely savvy internet-aware thieves will make note that more bikes could be found at that location in the future.

Aside from that, I know the feeling all too well and hope he can find the bikes and bring justice to these thieves!
Yea, Scott you should edit the post to take off his address...

·
Ancient Chinese Secret
1,038 Posts
Yeah, Ian's a great guy, and a fast MOFO too. Sorry to hear he got his steeds ripped off.

I thought he rode for Marin? Or maybe that was a couple years ago. Or maybe those aren't his personal bikes.

·
Uncle
4,390 Posts
Might be a good idea to contact this guy

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/957203777.html

Seeking a DH bike on clist. Maybe the thief will contact him -- offering $600. Any size info available?

As one who had more than one bike stolen while growing up in Concord, I feel his pain, and exist in a constant state of low-mid level bike thief paranoia as a result. Good luck Ian. Hope they bleed.

·
not a forum admin
599 Posts
Talked to Ian today -

He says if you live in his area you might not want to get your cable installed anytime during this resent crime wave in contra costa county.

To the home/renters insurance, it started the day after the police report was filed and his insurance says there is nothing he can do. Anyone have advice on that?

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
The Cable Guy?

atomicAdam said:
Talked to Ian today - He says if you live in his area you might not want to get your cable installed anytime during this recent crime wave in contra costa county.
Is he suggesting that a possible suspect in the theft recently installed cable in his home?
If that's the implication, I'm all for hiding major assets from service personnel who visit your homes.
Hey: I'm betting that crime's not a "wave" in CC County... more like a hockey stick slope on a graph.
Theft is the number one reported crime.

Nothing compared to NOLA for 2007.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
atomicAdam said:
Talked to Ian today -

To the home/renters insurance, it started the day after the police report was filed and his insurance says there is nothing he can do. Anyone have advice on that?
Advice:

Get insurance before you have your stuff ripped off, duh.

It's not retroactive.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I hope he visits the cable company, maybe after talking to a lawyer or someone w/ legal knowledge.

It at least warrants a chat w/ the installers supervisor.

I know lots of folks that have worked as cable installers, the cable companies hire whoever they can find willing to crawl around under a house for minimal wage. Usually not salt of the earth type people.

·
Uncle
4,390 Posts
I had very good friends that were good people and cable installers, years ago, but I would not be surprised if the job paid so poorly now that they'd have trouble keeping winners. Worthless jobs often bring in worthless people; I hope I'm wrong in this case.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.