Mavic XM321 wheels
X.0 RD and shifters w/Matchmakers
XT front der
SRAM 990 red cassette
SRAM 991 hollow pin chain
red KCNC jockey wheels
Race Face Carbon Fiber bars and seat post
Red Lizard skin lockons
Avid Juicy 7's, Dangerboy levers (really gonna miss these. At least I have them on the Nomad too)
Truvativ Stylo cranks
XTR pedals
cheap CF skewers
custom mud guard between seat tube and rear triangle
Magicshine light head mounted on the bars
... this is upsetting now that I think of all the stuff I loved on this bike

Pretty sure all the Blur LT stickers were gone, so it may be listed somewhere as just a Santa Cruz.

Lock was cut. Looking through video footage know. Police don't care.

Thanks.

Fairly recent pic:

·
my body breaks the falls
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot that minor detail, didn't I?

Stolen from south Fremont this morning between 9:00 and 10:15 AM. Got the web crawlers setup already.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Does you work have security cameras in the parking lot?

·
Fireball in the Night
1,624 Posts
twindaddy said:
Yep, but I was parked just out of the frame of view. Par for the course I suppose :)
Lesson learned - I'll be parking in frame of the cameras at work from now on...

·
my body breaks the falls
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rex_Skidmore said:
Lesson learned - I'll be parking in frame of the cameras at work from now on...
The lesson I learned is that the bike is coming into the office with me from now on. AND I'm parking in camera view. If someone is brazen enough to cut a lock and steal a bike, there's nothing to keep them from knocking out a window to steal something inside a vehicle.

I'm depressed. Gonna go to BevMo and stock up on some wicked IPAs. I still have a couple other bikes I can ride, but I friggin LOVED that BLT.

·
pro leisure tour
773 Posts
Sorry to hear that, TD. Bikes are never really safe out there. Man that blows.

·
Paper or plastic?
10,199 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I'd check on Stumpy_Steve. He's tall enough to ride your bike. :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
That really sucks. But honestly, it's the Bay Area. It doesn't seem to matter how well you lock it up, if it leaves your sight for more than 5 mins.....some douche bag is gonna steal it. The police are just there to make a report so you can file a claim with your insurance. If no one was injured, it's not worth their time.

I'm heavily paranoid about thieves. I swore I'd never lose a bike again. My bikes never leave my sight (or a friend's) when I'm out, even if it's locked on my rack. At home they're locked together and I have an alarm. (told you i'm paranoid) Never rely on Security at work either. Always bring your bike inside or don't bring it at all.

I'm on Craigslist everyday and I'll keep an eye out for your LT.

·
my body breaks the falls
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone, for your kind words and helping to keep watch.

In their defense, the FPD was at least compassionate towards my situation. However, they readily admit that there is little they can do and it's unlikely it will be recovered (by them).

It's funny - I too lock my bikes in the garage. I don't want to take the chance of my wife leaving the garage door open for a five minute "crime of opportunity." I always thought bike theft was one of those things that happen to "other people." When I'm at work the truck is parked outside my office window and it's a fairly busy place. I am really suspicious of the gardening crew since anyone else hovering around would draw attention. They've surely seen it parked there multiple times and swept in this time. It was gone in under an hour from the time I arrived. From now on the bikes come inside with me. I'll probably even lock it inside too.

I guess with Christmas coming I need to determine if I've been naughty or nice and plan my next bike purchase accordingly. I thought I had been nice, but Karma doesn't seem to agree...

As for Stumpy_Steve, he already got the BLT out of his system. If it were the Nomad that was taken I may be looking in his direction ;)

·
my body breaks the falls
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe someone here can help our security dept identify what kind of vehicle this is? Apparently it was parked behind my truck for three minutes at 10:04AM yesterday after arriving from behind a building next door. The rear appears to open (seen from another camera far away) and there is activity. This car follows a newish blue BMW 3 series out at 10:07AM.

·
Registered
605 Posts
twindaddy said:
In their defense, the FPD was at least compassionate towards my situation. However, they readily admit that there is little they can do and it's unlikely it will be recovered (by them).
No offense to the FPD. I didn't mean that they don't care, just that they're understaffed to take care of every crime. I had my first bike stolen in 1989. My first real MTB, an 88 Specialized Rockhopper Comp. I worked all summer to afford it and some punk steals it out of my friend's garage. While we were in the house!

I've had my house broken into, a car stolen, numerous cars broken into, two shops I worked at broken into, etc. Even the last place I worked we had people break in to steal copper wire and pipe. Nothing is safe anymore.

So as a MTB community we need to help each other out by monitoring CL, eBay and those damn flea markets. If I find the guy that stole your bike or the guy trying to sell it or part it out, I'll give him a good beat down for you and return your bike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,703 Posts
Check out the Laney College and Collisium

Swap Meets this weekend. Also if you have a police report bring it in case you spot your bike. If you check CL check the listing for cities other then SF.

Ive read alot of accounts where people find their bikes at these swapmeets.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
stuart, sorry to hear about your bike. unfortunately, it was not me, as much as I wish it was. I'll do my best to keep a lookout, and as I'm sure you've already done, call the BG, Sun in Milpitas, and the other local shops in from Hayward to San Jose. It's worth the 30 minutes of calling. The flea market is a good idea. I remember some guy came into BG a year back with a fully decked out ventana tandem, xtr, top of the line fox forks, avid hydros, all top end stuff circa 2004. He bought it at the oakland flea market for $500, then contacted ventana with the serial number and got a hold of the previous owners. Some rich couple from SoCal going on a ride in SF to visit their daughter left it unlocked somewhere. Not that the story helps, but at least you're smarter than them (again, this isn't helping, is it?)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts