Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone stole my 2002 Trek Fuel 98 and a blue Steelman Manzanita SS from my garage in San Francisco last night. If you could keep an eye out, I would appreciate it.

Fuel details-
Blue
Fox F100RLC fork
Fox float R rear shock
crank brothers crankset
no pedals
WTB Weirwolf up front and Kenda Nevegal in the rear
Red WTB saddle
Big Sky Brewing sticker on the frame
WTB Grips
The distinguishing characteristic is that on the non driveside chain stay, the tire has worn a grove in the carbon fiber.

Manzanita details-
Blue
Team Wrong Way stickers on it
WTB speed disc wheel up front, surly flip flop hub and ceramic rim in the rear
WTB saddle
Black Vicious Cycles ridid fork
Avid mechanical disc in front, v brakes in back
race face carbon seatpost, handlebars
Race Face stem
Race face dues XC crankset
White industries ENO freewheel
Crank Brothers Ti pedals
Its a geared bike set up as a single speed, so it has a tensioner on it.

I always see these emails on craigslist, and am about 99% sure I'll never see these bikes again. But I hope just maybe getting the word out does something.

Thanks,
Matt Leonard
415-310-4388

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Woo hoo, a lead!

So it looks like some piece of crap came in to Rockville bikes in Vallejo saying he had this nice bike and wanted to know what it was worth. When the mechanic started asking him questions, it started to sound more and more like my steelman. Anyway, if you see an overweight hispanic kid riding around on a steelman single speed in Vallejo, thats my bike!

Matt

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you have the serial numbers to both bikes have SFPD take a theft report and provide the officer with the serial numbers for the bikes. The numbers will be put into a national database so if the suspect is stopped by the police and the officer performs a check on the serial number it will show that the bike is stolen. If you don't have the serial numbers you are out of luck.

·
Fermented Grain Sampler
clinking clanking clattering collection of collagenous junk
4,165 Posts
Hopefully someone sees it. There aren't too many Steelman frames out and about so that should help making it easy to spot. Got pics? Steelman's site only shows one Manzanita

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.