Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My black Ventana Pantera and my son's red Black Sheep were stolen from my rack while my car was parked around 39th and Newton last night. I stupidly left them locked (cable & padlock) to my car while visiting a friend. This morning as we began loading up for a Father's Day ride at Golden Gate SP, we discovered the bikes and lock and cable were gone. [insert torrent of swearing here]

I was pissed and disgusted, but then I came to the Forums to make my stolen bike report and found this: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=422847, which put our loss in perspective. My heart is still ticking, I am a father to a great son, and I work for a great organization -- things are pretty damn good.

But I still want my bikes back, and would love to see the thieves in cuffs. The bikes are fairly distinctive. Mine is a black Ventana Pantera, with a tan Marzocchi All Mountain 1 fork, blue King headset and matching blue Industry 9 hubs with black spokes. My son's Black Sheep is a red steel hardtail built from Columbus tubing with a unique pentagonal downtube, and is equipped with older grey XTR components and a red SID fork.

If anyone sees anything please call Jason at 303-674-8423, thanks.

Full specs:

Ventana Pantera (black/med)
Marzocchi AM 1 fork (tan)
Thomson stem (silver) and setback post (black)
Chris King headset (blue)
Answer Protaper carbon bars
Shimano XT & XTR mixed drivetrain with original XT 4-piston brake calipers & levers
Truvative Stylo crankset
Crank Brothers Acid pedals (green)
Industry 9 wheels (blue hubs/black spokes)

Black Sheep steel hardtail (red/15")
RockShox SID fork (red)
Shimano XTR drivetrain with XTR 'V' brakes
Shimano XT crankset (silver & black)
Crank Brothers Candy pedals (grey)
Wheelsmith built wheels with XTR hubs

Attachments

·
Your retarded
3,085 Posts
No way, Jason. Were they at least insured?

I'll keep my eyes open for anything in the Springs.

·
mutaullyassuredsuffering
2,053 Posts
Sorry to hear that

I was going to ask you if you wanted to hit the local trails this week, but maybe you are rideless now?

My buddy lives close to there. I'll have him keep an eye out.

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,433 Posts
Sorry to hear that Jason, I'll keep an eye out for them - and bring them back with a couple of spare earlobes, should I find them. It's not like they won't be immediately recognizable by anyone familiar with them.

I know it's not much, but I have a med. (rigid) Peace 9er you can use in the interim if needed. Let me know if you're interested, I can bring it up the hill tomorrow.

Good luck - keep us informed, seriously.

·
I can't ride 45!
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good news! So I sat down this morning to call the local bike shops and pawn shops to see if the bikes had turned up, but my busy morning only left me time to call one -- Fly Bike Shop which buys and sells used bikes. They hadn't seen the bikes but I got a frantic call from Lee at Fly an hour or so later, "I think I have your bike!". The perp was there trying to sell our bikes to the one shop I called. Unfortunately the [email protected]&ker bolted with my rear wheel and Ian's Black Sheep still in his car, but at least I have most of my Ventana back. And Lee got his license plate number! Hopefully this perp is going to get a personal tour of Denver County's finest facility. I will update as news comes in.

·
Now with 20% more fat!!
2,031 Posts
Holy crap... sorry to hear about the theft, but stoked about you getting the first one back. The fact that the bad guys might get nabbed is such a bonus. I hope the police are able to retrieve the Sheep (and the Ventana's rear wheel) from the clutches of evil! Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
jasonb said:
Good news! So I sat down this morning to call the local bike shops and pawn shops to see if the bikes had turned up, but my busy morning only left me time to call one -- Fly Bike Shop which buys and sells used bikes. They hadn't seen the bikes but I got a frantic call from Lee at Fly an hour or so later, "I think I have your bike!". The perp was there trying to sell our bikes to the one shop I called. Unfortunately the [email protected]&ker bolted with my rear wheel and Ian's Black Sheep still in his car, but at least I have most of my Ventana back. And Lee got his license plate number! Hopefully this perp is going to get a personal tour of Denver County's finest facility. I will update as news comes in.
OK. I'm curious. You had some inside information, didn't you? How did you know out of all the bike shops to call, and only time to call one of them, you should call Fly? :skep:

Come on, give up the goods. You had a good idea who it was, didn't you?

It's like a sting operation. Don't leave us hanging on the suspense.

·
carpe mañana
7,309 Posts
Man, that sucks. I bet you feel pretty violated. Good news you got most of your bike back and got the plates! Sweet. It should be a matter of time, now.

_MK

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.