Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know where to post this, but last night somebody broke into our house and stole my 29'er.
The reason I choose to post it here, is because its a rather speciel bike.
Its an Ellsworth Evolve. The frame id is: FS-29-PROTO#1.
So this frame should be pretty easy to recognize.
Please let me know if see or hear anything.
By the way, the bike was stolen in Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe.

And yes I am really sad and pissed. :madmax:

Attachments

·
Master of Disaster
980 Posts
That's certainly a highly unusual serial number!: "FS-29-PROTO#1"

Prototype #1, eh? Hopefully your burglar won't realize what a rare and unique bike that is until he's caught.

·
Underskilled
4,746 Posts
unlucky, was it insured?

I lock my bikes in my house. When someone broke into my garage they could not take the bike but got the rear wheel...chris king hub =-(

·
Registered
132 Posts
janowitz said:
I dont know where to post this, but last night somebody broke into our house and stole my 29'er.
The reason I choose to post it here, is because its a rather speciel bike.
Its an Ellsworth Evolve. The frame id is: FS-29-PROTO#1.
So this frame should be pretty easy to recognize.
Please let me know if see or hear anything.
By the way, the bike was stolen in Copenhagen, Denmark, Europe.

And yes I am really sad and pissed. :madmax:
Sorry for your loss.

Certainly, many of us know how exactly how you feel (In my case, 2 Stumpjumpers taken out of my garage).

Hopefully a fellow MTBRer will spot it on eBay, or such, and you're able to recover her.

I'm new to MTBR and have noticed a few LOST BIKE posts in various Threads/Topics throughout the Forum.....

***Perhaps the MODS would consider starting a "LOST & FOUND" Sticky Thread/Topic to help us report, spot, identify, and recover lost or missing rides.....be it on eBay, Craigslist, etc.****

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the remarks. The bike is insured, but I will never get a bike like that again. (prototype) Insurance will cover some of the loss, but I will have to start building a new bike again.
Bikes get stolen all the time, but from inside your house, thats sick.

·
turtles make me hot
11,597 Posts
I lock my bike in the house. They're just too easy to steal.
Here's another tip: If you lock your bike, make sure there are no hacksaws, angle grinders or bolt cutters anywhere nearby so a thief can use your own tools against you.

·
Break it, Fix it, Ride it
1,940 Posts
I lock my rigs up in the garage too. And lock the garage doors. And put a 5 gallon bucket of paint in front of the side door. There have been TONS of stolen bikes here in Phoenix. They just arrested some fell here in town that had about 30 high-end bikes in his house. :madmax: He was found because someone out of state got curious about a deal they saw on Craigslist and got this fella eventually arrested (after a few months stake-out) :thumbsup: . Bummer about the bike, looks special fo sho. But get the word out! It works! Lots of luck to you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts