Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on the Mountain Bike Action website. Somebody from this forum?

We rarely, if ever publish stolen bike reports, but this one is an interesting story. Jeff Robinson, one of MBA's riding buddies is six-foot, seven-inches tall. He's not quite NBA material, but you wouldn't miss Jeff if you passed him on a local singletrack. Jeff's custom-built titanium big-wheel Moots was stolen from his van outside of his San Francisco area apartment recently and has not shown up at the local flea markets. The Monster-sized Moots should be easy to recognize, considering that most people could ride it by sitting on the top tube. It had a Marzocchi big-wheel fork and Shimano XTR components. Jeff is very attatched to his Moots--it was the first bike that really fit him like a glove. If you come across it, give us an e-mail at [email protected]

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Pretty safe to say some beanstalk giant bike thief was waltzing down the street and saw it, saying, "Wow, that's just my size. I'll take it."

Naw, he zeroed in on those flashy XTR cranks and that cool Moots logo and, after he cracked his nutz on the TT the first time, parted that baby out to brighten up his brand new bike he bought at Costco for $98. He's probably got his wet skivvies draped over that beautiful frame, it's purpose relagated to a clothes drying rack.

If anyone sees a purple sparkle Motiv with flippy shifters and an oversized Marzocchi fork supported on 26" steel 48 spoke rims, we've got our man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.