Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so stoked! My wife bought me a new rockhopper for my b-day! What a great wife. Took it out on some trails tonight! All I can say is snow sucks. God what a diff a decent bike makes! Thanks to all of you for feeding my addiction of mtn bikes.

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
Congrats! I am trying to work on my wife to get a new Stumpjumper FSR. Not going to be an easy task as she went apenuts about my purchase of a 06 Hardrock Sport last year.

I am trying to go the "Your son's Walmart bike is about to fall apart (which it is) and he is gonna need a ride. How about I get a new Stumpjumper FSR and he gets the Hardrock Sport?" route. I'd say it is a win-win solution. The boy likes the Hardrock so I am sure he won't have any objections. I like the Hardrock too and although I still would want the hardtail and a FS, if I can get the FS and give up the Hardtail to get it, I'd be willing to make the sacrifice.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Congrats on the great wife and new bike!

Mine did the same for me 2 years ago for our anniversary... she is not known for giving me great gifts and I was pretty proud of the new CD player/speakers I had installed in her car that day, so you can imagine how shocked I was when I got home from work and we're chilling on the couch when there's a knock at the door... I answer it and it's the manager of our LBS with a brand new Fisher Tassajara delivered to our door.

To this day whenever I look at that bike it reminds me of how much I love that woman.

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
Lawson Raider said:
Congrats! I am trying to work on my wife to get a new Stumpjumper FSR. Not going to be an easy task as she went apenuts about my purchase of a 06 Hardrock Sport last year.

I am trying to go the "Your son's Walmart bike is about to fall apart (which it is) and he is gonna need a ride. How about I get a new Stumpjumper FSR and he gets the Hardrock Sport?" route. I'd say it is a win-win solution. The boy likes the Hardrock so I am sure he won't have any objections. I like the Hardrock too and although I still would want the hardtail and a FS, if I can get the FS and give up the Hardtail to get it, I'd be willing to make the sacrifice.
you and your son need to team up on your wife.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To this day whenever I look at that bike it reminds me of how much I love that woman.
Exactly, I can go ride, and can't help but think of her!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.