Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says going to the mountain, its my first time and a guy from the LBS that I have done group rides with around town is taking a few guys and he's nice enough to let use one of his bikes since mine is a hard tail with 100mm of travel and crap brakes. I am a little nervous too since I don't know what to expect and the bike is worth alot and just got into mountain biking 3 months ago, but ride about 8kms of good trails a week around town. So what does one expect from a bike park on blue and green trails should I worry or are they not to bad?

·
It is what it is.
145 Posts
We don't color code our trails here but I'm sure the guy from your LBS will take good care of you. Don't stress, just enjoy and learn.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea its double black diamond, black diamond, Blue square, Green circle (hardest to easy) just like ski hill cause thats what is in the winter. I take it this is not the norm, maybe a canada thing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
we have some trails around here labeled like that. I'm smack in the middle of nc and the black diamonds are a little tough but nothing insane here...the green feels like a kiddie trail and the blues are the most fun for me (I like to flow with a trail, not have to fight it). if this guy knows your skill level and he's taking a bunch of beginners then I you should be fine, just follow his lead and don't ride outside your comfort zone. if you're only doing 8km a week though, don't be surprised if you are in some pain at the end, or if you wear out pretty quick. most of all though, have fun with it!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 8km I said is riding is just trail I have a few 25 km rides and manage so we will see, I think I am the only newb going

1 - 7 of 7 Posts