Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I had a 105mm stem on my '11 ex9 from a frame swap. Felt too stretched out. Just installed a 90mm on it and it feels much better. It is a 19.5" frame so from what I gather, it came stock with a 100mm stem. I wouldnt think going from 105mm to 100mm would make much of a difference and since most companies dont make a 95mm stem, i opted for a 90mm. Any issues I may run into running a 90mm stem on a frame as large as 19.5?

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
rkolb86 said:
My 2010 ex6 (19.5") came with a 105mm @ 10 degrees.
Bonty SSR 10 degree I assume? I think we're talking about the same exact stem here. This is what got swapped from my GF HiFi to my new EX9 frame.

rkolb86 said:
I feel way too stretched out on my 19.5" as well....i'm 6'2" but most of that height is in my legs. I was actually considering a 70mm-ish stem.
Good to know... I thought I was the only one feeling too stretched out. My 90mm seems to be doing well right now. Not as stretched out now and not feeling crunched in the cockpit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Easton Havoc

http://jensonusa.com/store/product/ST402A04-Easton+Havoc+Stem.aspx

It's normally like $75 (I believe), but I think this is the 2010 model. For the '11, there is a sweet orange one, but I wasn't gonna pay that price for it.

I kind of sat on my bike imagining where the bars are gonna land, and i'm only 50% sure that i'm gonna like it. If not, I found a 70mm @ 17deg which might do the trick (about $30 as well)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.