Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's the difference between the Stinky Supreme and the Stab Supreme frames ?
Stab and Stinky frames ?

I heard speculations that there might not be a 2005 Stab model at all ,Stinkys will take their place. Well that didn't happen ,but they DO look like they're becoming the same bike..or whatever.

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Rix Raw said:
What's the difference between the Stinky Supreme and the Stab Supreme frames ?
Stab and Stinky frames ?
well if you look at them you can see there rather differnt. the stinky supreme uses the front triangle of the stinky, so it has more of a freeride geometry and the ability to run a front derailur(sp)
Rix Raw said:
I heard speculations that there might not be a 2005 Stab model at all ,Stinkys will take their place. Well that didn't happen ,but they DO look like they're becoming the same bikes..or whatever.
that speculation is wrong. look at konas site for the 05 stuff and you'll see the stab is in the line up. kona rep told me the stab has differnt geometry, like slacker HA, but in riding a stab and a stinky dee i cant tell the diff.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the photos again and I don't don't see the difference you mentioned. :confused:

Couldn't tell the difference in riding experience ,since I don't ride these bikes (I'm a *****) ,I'm just dreaming about my coiler.
By the way...can you be fit enough to make those huge climbs with a Stab or a Stinky ?

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
I rode a while back with a guy on an 02 stinky and I was on my Coiler. I don't know if it was him or the bikes but I was well ahead of him going up the hills, and I am never ahead of anyone going uphill, 260 pounds kind of slows you down on uphills. Stabs and Stinky aren't made to climb, mainly geometry's all wrong, Coilers can climb though.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah ,that's quite obvious.
But you know what would rule ? Being so fit that you could ride one of the "bigger" bikes uphill without any problems.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
KONA_in_SB said:
I rode a while back with a guy on an 02 stinky and I was on my Coiler. I don't know if it was him or the bikes but I was well ahead of him going up the hills, and I am never ahead of anyone going uphill, 260 pounds kind of slows you down on uphills. Stabs and Stinky aren't made to climb, mainly geometry's all wrong, Coilers can climb though.
actually climbing isnt bad at all, as long as your in ok shape

1 - 7 of 7 Posts