Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after 5 months trying to get my parents to say yes about getting a 06 stinky primo they finally said yes. We had all the money and we just needed the bike shop to order the bike. Then the bike shop called saying they cant get it because kona doesnt have any. So im pretty much stuck. Im still gonna get a new bike but i dont know which one. What bike would be comparable to the stinky primo and still have about the same price ($4500)

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Don't get a Demo 9, they're fat and useless. I would steer clear of Specialized completely (having worked at a Specialized dealer for over a year). It won't be long before 2007 Kona stuff is available. Also look into Norco bikes if there's a dealer near you.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I would go with a Santa V10, now those are nice. I dont know about you but thats what I would get if I had that much cash. Thats a bit more race oriented than the other bikes I think. Good luck. Geez, my parents made me pay for every bike I have owned starting at the age of 5.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So i should just check with my bike shop too know for sure. Im trying to buy from the bike shop by us. They are an awesome bike shop, very small but very smart. They have saved us about 1000 when we got our road bikes.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Stinkies are nice but look at the silver lining in the situation. Now you can get another bike that is as or more capable than a Stinky. As mentioned either a VP-Free or V10 I think are overall nicer bikes. In addition you can go with a smaller company like Transition or Versus and get a bike from a company that will stand behind their product much better than Kona (1 yr on frame).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well i called my LBS and they said it would be possible to get a santa cruz :thumbsup: I think i may be getting a VP Free. I am really confused by their website though. Is it possible to get different colors on the bike and choose a package? That is the way the website makes it seem.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Yes. You can pick the color and package. VP-Free is a sweet bike.

Kona only offers a one-year, but it only takes one year for any defects to show up if you ride it at all. The bikes are super solid.

Most companies will only offer a limited warranty on aluminum frames (fatigue life).

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
go to another bike shop and see if they have your bike in stock
There are no Kona "dealers" in the area. I think the closest shop is 3hrs away. I actually think this is better that i couldnt get the bike. I am starting to really like the vp free's options.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.