Votes: 5 83.3%
  • stay with jamis

Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of getting an 03 stinky frame for around 400. right now i have a jamis eureka. its a great bike but i think DH would be a lot more fun on a fs. i love going down the knarliest stuff i can find and i wanna start hitting bigger drops. but i dont know if the stinky is worth the money. i think it would be awesome to have a full on 7 & 7 fs but i dont really have the funds to warrant that as i am only 16. do u think i should get the stinky and work it up to a sick freerider, or stay with the jamis and make it a fr hardtail?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
If you think you'll be able to work everything out for the Stinky even if it means not riding for a while then go for it, but before doing anything do some spreadsheets to figure out how much everything will cost, and if its worth doing that over saving your pennies for a new complete bike, or even a slightly used one.

My 2cents spoken from a 15 year old with no job.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
this 03 stinky doesn't get 7 in the rear (it gets 6) and is not a DH bike, if ure gonna use if for FR, then 400 is a great deal, but if ur going DHing, save up more movey for a DH frame

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. i'm aware that the 03 stinky gets 6 in. (but it can get 7 with upgraded plates)

2. when i said 7&7 i meant that it would be awesome to have a bike that was 7&7 (bullit, stinky primo), not the stinky.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
it can get 8 with upgraded plates and 24 inch wheel. i say get it if you have money to build it up. i have one and like it. i wanna get a super t, dangerboy plates, and a fox dhx. when i get the money for all that. i'm only 14 with no job. join the crowd.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i got a used 2002 stinky for 550, then i had to buy pedals. look for a deal like that and slowly upgrade it. with a bike like that you can ride anything. and going down the hills will feel soooo much different than on your jamis.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts