Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i found probably the best dirt park of all time. it is on a little cliff next to the ocean, always sunny, plenty of room to make new stuff never ever seen another person there, and nice easy to work with dirt. it's even on a hill so you get alot of speed going down.

now i have been going there and jumping stuff and i don't seem to get that high. i'm new so i don't have technique, but i was thinking it may be partly my bike. do stinkys jump good? or do you mostly just drop off stuff. my friend watching said my back tire wasn't getting that high on this small jump i was doing, but i had some speed and it seemed like it was a good jump. had some kick at the end and everything and the landed on a downhill slope. or what could i be doing wrong. see it seemed to tyhrow me in the air more than the bike. i kinda would eject off the bike and just have my feet barely touching the pedals. so what do you think is up?

also i don't know anything bout making dirt parks but i want to improve this place. i can do anything i want, so what would you guys make, and do you know of any sites with tips on making jumps and stuff?

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You might want to try to learn on a hardtail...

...the Stinky is just sucking up most of the "jump" power. It takes a reasonable amount of practice and technique to get good air, and even moreso when learning on a FS bike.

Just my experience...

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I dirt jump a lot with my stinky, although a HT is better for DJ, FS bikes can still do the job

to get big air, either preload or bunny hop at the lip

also, if u have fast rebound in the shok, then make it slower so u won't nose dive

BTW, i've seen ppl DJing on V10's

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes, you can jump on anything. I jump on my stinky primo and get a good amount of air. It's all the preload if you want to boost it high. It's just practice. You'll get used to it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If you're getting thrown around it sounds like your rear shock is rebouding too fast like chickity mentioned. Because if you hit a jump fast it will throw the rear-end of your bike up and send your for the ride, been there done that :D

Just keep on practicing until you get your form/technique down THEN start thinking about getting a new bike to DJ with. I would suggest a hard-tail if you get into DJ'ing. The Azonic Steelhead is a good, cheap HT frame along with the Transition Trail or Park but its costs more money. The steelhead is in the $200 range and I think the Transition is $400-$500.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.