Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stinky deluxe (2006) as a good freeride/trails bike?

I'm looking to buy a bike for hucking/urban assault/general freeride (maybe drops sub 10 foot to flat). I also want to use it to ride some singletrack and trails on weekends when I have access to my car.

The stinky deluxe is starting to look really really attractive, not too expensive, looks like a strong frame, good components, and doesn't seem like it'd be all that difficult to pedal around compared to some other bikes I've looked at.

Basically if anyone has any experience with this bike let me know! It's probably either that or the bike described here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=149882

I'm thinking the kona would be a better idea considering the warranty and all, even though its twice as much. any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just a thought...

I would Xpost your question on the Kona board. You'll likely get more responses from a Kona focused audience.

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Iron Horse 7 point

sovietspyguy said:
I'm looking to buy a bike for hucking/urban assault/general freeride (maybe drops sub 10 foot to flat). I also want to use it to ride some singletrack and trails on weekends when I have access to my car.

The stinky deluxe is starting to look really really attractive, not too expensive, looks like a strong frame, good components, and doesn't seem like it'd be all that difficult to pedal around compared to some other bikes I've looked at.

Basically if anyone has any experience with this bike let me know! It's probably either that or the bike described here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=149882

I'm thinking the kona would be a better idea considering the warranty and all, even though its twice as much. any input would be appreciated
Kona makes great bikes, the frame quality is outstanding, there is a good warranty, bulletproof. I spent some time on a Kona FS when I was shopping around for a new frame a couple of years ago and the handling of the bike is as good as it gets plus felt very solid. It is a faux-bar and I was not too happy with pedaling and braking but this might now be better with a different shock.

Have you looked into Iron Horse? it has a much more refined suspension system, price and quality are similarly outstanding (and are on huge sale at Supergo) and they are getting stellar reviews.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts