Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2007 stinky and while i was cleaning it i checked the pivot bearings and they were just about seized up, i wanted to know where i can find replacements, i checked enduros website and couldn't find them, any help? thanks

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Use a sharp pick and pry out the seals, flush them with some degreaser, then inject some high quality high temperature bearing grease into them, them push the seals back in, this will generally revive a seized bearing to an almost brand new state. Your bearings probably arnt seized, just a lack of grease, try regreasing them before buying new ones

Hope this helps

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks nick, i did that and got them to free up but they are still kinda crunchy so it was a temporary fix, i still want to get them replaced in the near future

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
In that case on the seal of the bearings, there wil be some writing

It should say:

Enduro XXXXXXXXXXXXXX ...blah blah

With the X's representing numbers and letters, though not that many numbers, i just used the X's to represent em, these numbers and letters identifiy the specific bearing

On take these numbers and letters to a enduro bearing supplier and have them order the corresponding bearings

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts