Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help? I'm off to buy a kona stinky '06 tommorro and really confused about wheather to get a med 15.5'' or a large 16''. All the posts i have seen about stinky sizing have been about people taller than myself. I am 5' 6.5, 31'' inseam and 20'' arm.
I already own a xc bike so the stinky would be used for just downhill, jumps etc, I'm not to bothered about how hard it is to ride up a trail, I just want it for high adrenalin fun. Thanks.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Stinky 06

flyingsquirrel said:
Can anyone help? I'm off to buy a kona stinky '06 tommorro and really confused about wheather to get a med 15.5'' or a large 16''. All the posts i have seen about stinky sizing have been about people taller than myself. I am 5' 6.5, 31'' inseam and 20'' arm.
I already own a xc bike so the stinky would be used for just downhill, jumps etc, I'm not to bothered about how hard it is to ride up a trail, I just want it for high adrenalin fun. Thanks.
I found the 06 stinky to be on the small side and at 5'10" a large felt to small ...standover is not a problem as they are great in that area...Are you still growing?

Personally i hate riding a small bike far more than one thats a little large...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mzungo said:
I found the 06 stinky to be on the small side and at 5'10" a large felt to small ...standover is not a problem as they are great in that area...Are you still growing?

Personally i hate riding a small bike far more than one thats a little large...
I have stopped growing. I sat on a 15.5 stinky primo today and the bars felt quite close to me,
might this work better for downhilling? Unfortunately I did'nt get to ride it, but I am goin to have a demo 16'' for tommorro... Hope I can finally make my mind up!

·
lidless ascender
812 Posts
I'm also 5'10" and have a large Stinky Primo.Yes, it is a bit short for going up, but it feels really nice going down.But contrary to mzungo I prefer my frames on the shorter side :)
If you're going to use the bike solely for DH and jumping, a medium might be a better idea.
On the other side, top tube difference between the two is only .6", not that big of a deal ;)

Marko

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am 5'11'' & i have a MED. 15.5'' 05 stinky, i tested both the 16'' & the 15.5'' before i made my purchase and could not feel any difference apart from the longer stem and stiffer spring in the 16''.. i just went for the MED because i am light. Also i ended up putting on a longer stem anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.