Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
I used an N-Gear Jump Stop with an outer bashguard and it worked OK. The only problem I had was I could knock the jump stop out of whack (forward or backward somehow) and then my chain would drop when I hit a rooty patch while climbing. I tighened it down and still had the same issue. Not sure how I was knocking it off center. I probably could have put a piece of gorilla tape or similar under it to give it a better grip to the frame.

Instead I replaced that setup with an inner and outer BBG bashguard. Looks really nice and no matter how hard I thrash it I can't get the chain to drop.

If you haven't done so already, take a look here for some good ideas:
http://forums.mtbr.com/drivetrain-shifters-derailleurs-cranks/show-pics-your-1x9-setup-158959.html

·
Movin' to Montana soon
95 Posts
I just had it out on trail that some kids built a few small jumps on,they would usually cause my chain to drop.The Jump Stop did keep my chain on after multiple tries at getting it to come off.

I can see how marpilli had problems because I can move it around by hand when it's tightened down all the way,it shouldn't be too hard to get something under it to give some more grip.

It's worth it to try for free,if you like it you pay 12 bucks if you don't you just send it back...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.