Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
What part of the Bay Area are you moving to? South bay, nortth bay ect. Are we talkin San Francisco Bay or some other bay?

·
Kill your... television
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
reydin said:
What part of the Bay Area are you moving to? South bay, nortth bay ect. Are we talkin San Francisco Bay or some other bay?
It's looking like San Jose area. So, I guess South Bay. I don't mind driving an hour for a ride. But, it would be great to be able to ride to the trail head.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lucky You.

Lots of variety in San Jose. You have Demo, UCSC, Wilder in Santa Cruz 45 min. Fremont older, saratoga gap, Grant Ranch, Santa Teresa, Lexington area in San Jose 15-30min. Tahoe is about 4 hours, D-ville same and 3 hours to SLO. You will be very happy. I grew up there and miss alot of the riding there. I am currently in Sacramento and have some great riding out my door.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well from San Jose you'll be close to a ton of great riding. You can start with the Stevens Canyon area or Saratoga Gap area. You'll be close Santa Cruz and places like Henry Cowell park the UC campus and Wilder ranch have endless loops you can string together. There's more to offer up the penensula and in the North bay but this should be enough to get you started. Once you're here you'll have plenty of time to find out about the rest.
Enjoy and welcom to the South bay.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
tracer dave said:
Lots of variety in San Jose. You have Demo, UCSC, Wilder in Santa Cruz 45 min. Fremont older, saratoga gap, Grant Ranch, Santa Teresa, Lexington area in San Jose 15-30min. Tahoe is about 4 hours, D-ville same and 3 hours to SLO. You will be very happy. I grew up there and miss alot of the riding there. I am currently in Sacramento and have some great riding out my door.
He's right I live down town and ride a bike path most of the way to Los Gatos and the Lexinton trails (about 10 miles) for my week day rides or weekend ride when time is short.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.