1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
812 Posts
Whenever I see written, "theft of photos," well that is the world wide web, hey! One in all in, is the attitude needed for making one's way across cyberspace but not always transitioning to warp speed?

The theft is huge if you view the unknown sharing of images on the web as theft.

This is a part of the tracker on the theft gauge aka 'The Statistics Page' that is in Photobucket Pro, for this past fortnight, for several of my shots. I know I put these 5 images on 5 sites, but not on 17 sites. Made anonymously famous by theft? ... Oh, my Mother would be proud!

dongfanghong.com ... sites like this are welcome to my images just so I can read the poetry ... dongfanghong.com

On April the 22th this image had almost 600 viewings, some shots are getting more popular with age. I published this shot below, on mtbr 6 months ago. Well I guess mountain biking must be big in China, they have enough big mountains ... do you have a Chinese bike? ... Who doesn't?

Warren.

·
commie
245 Posts
Wild Wassa said:
Whenever I see written, "theft of photos," well that is the world wide web, hey! One in all in, is the attitude needed for making one's way across cyberspace?

The theft is huge if you view the unknown sharing of images on the web as theft.
I view the unauthorized use of that photo as theft. Especially after law abiding media outlets have paid for the rights to use that photo.

It's a simple copyright issue that an entity like Skateboarding Magazine should be very familiar with.

http://skateboardingmagazine.com/blog/2010/04/25/somethings-about-to-go-terribly-wrong-here/

That photo has been the subject of many take down notices under the DMCA and this will merely be the latest case...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.