Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one here ridden stid hill before? the reviews are very mixed and i cant seem to find the trail leading up the mountain. i live in bristol and would like to go snow shoe it next weekend and ride it when the snow goes but i need help finding the thing. so if anyone knows which of the parking areas to go into and how to get to the trail head it would be greatly apriciated. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Depends on which way you're coming from...if from Rte 5&20, you'll pass a small hamlet which is Bristol I believe. The speed limit drops from 55 to 40/35 mph. Once you hit 55 again, the trailhead will be about a mile on your left at a small parking lot. There's a sign there too from what I recall. The trail winds over a bridge and up to the hill and woods, then proceeds to wind up the mountain.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I've biked there before. It's a fun trail, though admittedly I've mostly done it as an uphill-only, as part of a larger loop that includes Ontario County park, Camp Cutler, and Bristol Mtn. That loop is on the highlander cycling tour website (google it). It's the first part - the North East section of the trail. The trail is mostly and out and back if done by itself - basically a long continuous climb to the top, then turn around and quickly return to the bottom. There are a few alternatives to the main trail, but that's mostly it. Google the Rochester Bicycling club and you will find a basic map of Stid Hill under mountain biking maps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.