Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
~~~~~~~~
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many stickies (threads, not tires) is too many, and should there be a life span?
In all fairness the pack punks and flux folks are ready, but we might be running out of room.

If no/few complaints we'll get them added after the weekend.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Personally I hate the SC forum because half the page is stupid stickies. I think 3 or maybe 4 is ok, but after that it's a waste of real estate. I don't mind at all if the Post Pack Punk thread stays floating. People know how to find it and can add their bikes at will and bump it up at will. It makes it more special when an old friend like that comes back to visit.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking the RFX sticky could revert to a normal thread after we get it loaded back up. It is nice though if we can add links to relevant threads, i.e. the rocker one, to reduce the burden of searching, and leave it up there in stickyland.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
Please don't turn this into a copy of the SC board. I think we already have too much. Anyone can go to the Turner site for geometry and colors, so set that one free.

And personally I say just put one sticky with links to all the setup threads and they can just get bumped everytime someone adds a new one. You could even add some of the fork and shock threads too, so those too lazy to search can easily find them.

Otherwise we'll have Spot, Burner, RFX, Flux, Pack, soon there'll be Nitrous, XCE, O2, DHR, Rail, Afterburner for the old skool Turner riders and so forth. Ugh. But I really hate the sticky's cause it means more stinking scrilling.

·
mtbr platinum member
1,426 Posts
I would much rather have a single sticky thread explaining to newbies how to search and find information that they are looking for, than have the Turner board resemble the SC board.

·
on a routine expedition
1,585 Posts
AK Chris said:
And personally I say just put one sticky with links to all the setup threads and they can just get bumped everytime someone adds a new one. You could even add some of the fork and shock threads too, so those too lazy to search can easily find them.
I like the idea of just one sticky with links to all the set up threads too. Maybe we could come up with a list of what threads should be linked. I don't want this forum to look like the SC forum or worse, the Canadian Bikes forum.

My suggestions:
RFiXation
All the set up threads for each model (5 spot, Burner, Flux, etc)
Post Yer Pack, Punk!
Show Me The 5spot
Turner 2005 specs and geometry

I'm sure there's more, I just can't think of them at the moment.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I'll third that.

The stickies are cool until they obscure new content. If they could be at the bottom maybe that would be okay. But I think AKC's suggestion was best, a single sticky with important links and a few good posts explaining the basics of searching and posting(like how to do pics etc) But also include a strong reminder not to add any post unless it's clearly helpful to others...don't ask questions in the master stickey.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
2- 4 Stickies is probably enough.

If the sticky is regarding some current issue: Like a change in Product line, or a safety recall then it stays only for the necessary time. If its for something like "Spot Setups (Data Base)" it is probably good to let it stick for a while.

As for the 2005 geometry and paint detail. I don't see what that needs to be a sticky...

If people get annoyed with too many stickies just let an Administrator or Moderator know.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
Trevor! said:
As for the 2005 geometry and paint detail. I don't see what that needs to be a sticky...
I should have mentioned that I don't think it needs to be a sticky since there is a turner web page that probably has this information on it.

·
Baked Alaskan
1,810 Posts
For the super sticky, along with all the different models and shocks, don't forget the ninja clan and the big gay red spots!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sub-forum

I don't know Vbulletin in detail but I guess you can create a sub-forum named "Sticky" inside the Turner Forum. Then, move the "sticky" wannabe thread inside that sub-forum.

·
~~~~~~~~
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
okay, it looks like it's unanimous, super sticky it is!
or maybe "Best of" or "greatest hits", any other witty title suggestions appreciated.
Basically it looks like we'll de-sticky all the current ones and just post the links to the threads. Everyone would be free to post links to threads they feel are appropriate, but it won't be full on anarchy.

Any more ideas, suggestions, or words of wisdom?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.