Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Wondering if mountain side trails are open? Kirby, lower jaybar, moose and dead moose ally?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Heading to the area July 14-17 in my Sprinter Van. Any recommends for "camping"? I read Burke has a no RV rule... I have emailed them and asked if my van is considered an RV and awaiting a response.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks... I'll check out Mikes.. But likely end up at a local Campground. The van is too long for Burke.

Taking the Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50 and the Yeti SB5C!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi all- I didn’t read through every comment, so I’ll post a question here as well as a specific thread. I’m looking to
Visit kingdom this summer and need recommendations of close hotels. I have 3 young kids and a wife that will not be riding, so I’m hoping there are accommodations close
To the trails with maybe a pool, but mostly just enough to keep the family entertained for the day while I’m out riding with the other family’s that we are going with. It’ll be a “ dads are all out riding, everyone else is hanging back” trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
trail gnome
689 Posts
Hi all- I didn’t read through every comment, so I’ll post a question here as well as a specific thread. I’m looking to
Visit kingdom this summer and need recommendations of close hotels. I have 3 young kids and a wife that will not be riding, so I’m hoping there are accommodations close
To the trails with maybe a pool, but mostly just enough to keep the family entertained for the day while I’m out riding with the other family’s that we are going with. It’ll be a “ dads are all out riding, everyone else is hanging back” trip.
When we go down with a group of friends, we usually stay at one of these units:

Vacation Rentals, Condos, Places to Stay near Kingdom Trails and Burke Mountain in East Burke, VT - Burke Property Rentals - Chappell Properties

There are different units with different sleeping configurations, so it works out well when trying to coordinate with a group of friends that may be bringing their significant others and children.

The units we stayed in had a bike wash out back and bike & gear storage on the bottom floor. The units are new, clean, and bright. Sadly, no hot tub or swimming pool at the one we stayed at.

They are close to the ski hill trails, but not the Darling Hill trails, so if you plan to ride Moose Alley or another trail down into town and then go ride Darling Hill for the afternoon, you might want to leave a vehicle in town so you can shuttle pooped-out dads back up the hill after you are done riding for the day. The road climb back up the hill to the condo is very manageable, but I find after 5 hours of riding and a couple of post-ride beers at the Tiki bar, people tend to lose motivation. :)

Also check out the accommodations page on the Kingdom Trails website.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Wildflower and Mountain View Inn are your best bets for you with a family that needs other activities. both of these Inns are situated in the Darling hill trail system and you literally ride out the door onto trails. If you primarily ride XC I would highly recommend the Wildflower if this is your first trip to the Kingdom. There is a bike shop/bar on property, they have a pool and are very kid oriented. They also have a decent restaurant so you never have to leave the property if desired.

If you are a downhiller and will be using the lift/shuttle services the Burke Mtn Hotel is probably your best bet.

Once you learn the local layout you can plan future trips at other accommodations.

Don't worry too much about having a pool as there is a swimming hole in town.

·
Ducks for Moose
67 Posts
Wildflower and Mountain View Inn are your best bets for you with a family that needs other activities. both of these Inns are situated in the Darling hill trail system and you literally ride out the door onto trails. If you primarily ride XC I would highly recommend the Wildflower if this is your first trip to the Kingdom. There is a bike shop/bar on property, they have a pool and are very kid oriented. They also have a decent restaurant so you never have to leave the property if desired.

If you are a downhiller and will be using the lift/shuttle services the Burke Mtn Hotel is probably your best bet.

Once you learn the local layout you can plan future trips at other accommodations.

Don't worry too much about having a pool as there is a swimming hole in town.
Good advice here.
Note that the swimming hole behind East Burke Sports is going to be a bit different from now on as the old dam was taken out this past fall. It is hard to tell how much of a swimming hole will be left but once the Spring high water subsides, hopefully there is still a decent spot to take a dip.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Good advice here.
Note that the swimming hole behind East Burke Sports is going to be a bit different from now on as the old dam was taken out this past fall. It is hard to tell how much of a swimming hole will be left but once the Spring high water subsides, hopefully there is still a decent spot to take a dip.
Thanks NEK, I saw that. As long as I can sit my a$$ down in the water and drink a frosty one I am happy. No need to swim!

·
Registered
401 Posts
https://skiburke.com we found this place and the employees tell us that it’s literally connected to the Trail system. Has anybody stayed here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Burke Mountain Hotel is very nice. It has a pool, hot tub, and all the amenities. You can jump on the trail right near the hotel, but it's a long climb back up to the hotel at the end of the day.

·
2,603 Posts
Long climb? Oh the horror!!!!!😂
I worked in a bike shop in S. Vermont when I was younger. Out of towners would come in to rent/demo bikes and always ask "Are there any flatter trails around here?" I always responded with, "There are no flat trails in Vermont. You will have to climb.....a lot"

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
I worked in a bike shop in S. Vermont when I was younger. Out of towners would come in to rent/demo bikes and always ask "Are there any flatter trails around here?" I always responded with, "There are no flat trails in Vermont. You will have to climb.....a lot"
Flatlanders wanting to find the comforts of home while on vacation lol😀

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Saw some dood driving with VT plates with a bike today as I was pedaling from my house up to the môuntain today. He was coming from the mountain. He musta been lost or something haha.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Was planning on going to killington this weekend, but it seems that the lifts are closed for spartan day. Thinking about hitting KT. I'm not looking for only downhilling but are there some lifts to the top here too?

141 - 160 of 163 Posts