Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I just wanted to post that there is a Campmor Hudson 2 Highlands mtb bike race at Stewart airport buffer zone in Newburge NY. It is this Sunday, July 9th and you can find more info at Campmor.com.

I really hope more women show up. Last year at the Darkhorse 40 they combined the Expert women and Sport womens class at the awards ceremony. Boy, what that a mistake. The "winning" sport women came in 4th to the 3 experts. She was ticked and rightfully so. Can't combine classes, just ages in the categories. Therefore, I hope some Northeasterners come out and play! NJ Jess

·
Loose Nut Behind d' Wheel
1,500 Posts
I can't make it, but good luck to you if you go! The weather is looking better and the trails should dry out.

Kathy :^)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yo K!

Hi there! Are you doing the Darkness 909 on Halloween this year? I'm getting an HID this year,......promise not to run out of light this year. heeheeheee. I finally got my 2nd place trophie. COOL. It's that glass skull on a large cassette. Next to my DeerPark bobble head chainring trophie, its my fav. Hope to ride with you at 909 sometime. NJ Jess

·
Queen Kona
225 Posts
I raced today and it's weird how they combined ages. I was a beginner woman and it was my first race. To my knowledge, they combined women 19-39 instead of breaking it up. Half the women have been racing for years and I think I was the only noob out there. Not that I was expecting to medal, but it's strange how some people sandbag in an easy group for a long time.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
weird indeed

Hummm, did they really combine 19-39? I saw two groups go out. In the sport womens category, we were split 12-34 and the 35 and over. Whenever you register, one should see all the categories. If you feel differently, you could talk to the race director. Sometimes, if enough interest is shown, they can change things. I know that at Williams Lake, that some of the categories voted "On the Line" that they wanted to do 1 lap verse the 2 posted. The director changed it, and riders saved their bikes a bit of mud. As for the "sandbaggers", some women only race once a year, but ride with there friends once a week. One cant' really say they are too good for the category. Now, if they race the series and win by 10 minutes each race,....welll,....that's sandbagging. Hope to see you at Lewis Morris on July 23rd. It's a beginner friendly race course. Keep pedaling!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.