Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
HighFivenWhiteGuy said:
Sweet Jesus!!!!

Because of the price? (That was my initial reaction...)

I'm sure you'll find 200 people to pony that up though. Waiting to see what the daily lift rate will be.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well, that was my reaction to getting a lift accessed bike park close by AND to the price lol. WAAAY too steep for me, though an engraved gold stem cap would totally be worth the 1k:crazy:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well considering the seasons pass at highlands in new hampshire is $330 (looking there because it will be close to where I live), this gets you 2 more seasons of lift access and some extra schwag. That and I'm sure this is because they need a large amount of money up front to get things rolling, so its helping them while giving the customer a good price. That, and I think a day pass there is about $40, so I'm sure the SP pass will be worth it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I suppose. Wonder if they will have some sort of a program that gets people out there digging, like build trails for a day and get a one day lift ticket. Don't know of many "professional" trail builders for hire.

·
Registered
116 Posts
A winter ski season pass is $399 if you buy it before October, so I have to think a summer bike season pass will be closer to $300, or less in year 1. Paying upfront for 4 years for $1000 before anything's been built seems really steep, even dressed up with stickers and stem caps. When you struggle to sell 20 of these packages please don't think people aren't up for the park, I can't wait!!!

·
El Malo
549 Posts
It's like asking your first date for anal $ex as you're being seated for a nice dinner.

Sure, it may sound rude to most, but hey, you're bound to find a few hungry ho's out there... it's not personal, just business, knowutimean, Vern :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Seems a bit steep to me, but I have to assume each year the park should get better and the prices will go up as more trails and features get built. I also don't know to many people willing to shell out $1000.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The cost does not seem steep to me at all, however paying it up front, based on the limited real info on what more specifically will be built makes it a tough sell IMO.

If there was a prelim/phased trail map which had some more detail on trail length/vert/trail rating...it would help potential buyers decide.

I'm not really the market for this pass but totally get behind this effort and wish the park mucho success!

·
Registered
371 Posts
yo EDDY said:
If there was a prelim/phased trail map which had some more detail on trail length/vert/trail rating...it would help potential buyers decide.
There is. Read "Appendix 6 - Summer Plan" found here:

http://www.stevenspass.com/Stevens/the-mountain/future-plans.aspx

There are 3 trails (1 beginner, 1 intermediate, 1 advanced) planned initially, off of Hogsback. Then more as development progresses. I think the radness is going to take some time, so no season passes for me yet.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Well yeah, if it was for whistler it would be a good deal because you already know it's awesome. This just seems like a lot of cash to put down in advance when it's just a trail map for now

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Could it be that its also geared toward sponsored racers? They will likely be able to get the funding from their sponsors for training purposes.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts