Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Steve Peat got a little wild after his win in Spain, and found himself in jail...this is the story that was in cyclenews.com.

MTB champ Peat arrested
British rider Steve Peat, who won the first MTB Downhill World Cup round in Vigo, Spain, last Sunday, was arrested in that same city on the very same evening for vandalism on public property. Also arrested was Lee Bertrand, also a British MTB rider, as well as an unnamed 38 year-old woman of the same nationality and an unnamed 22 year-old Spaniard.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Steve Peat is the Man!!! Way to win a race and then throw it down even harder partying! I am inspired, I am going to have a beer right now!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
do you think its funny being in jail for breaking stuff?? its a bit childish of all of you...maybe he is the best downhiller now but in terms of "education" ...he hasnt got any....shame on him.....shame on you.....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Now this thread becomes people telling Ban how much he sucks...

Anyway Ban, what do you mean by Peat has no education? What are you implying? Just extrapolate more for us please... If you can't, then I'm sure you'll just be left alone.

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
Steve Peat is the man. He knows how to enjoy life, apparently some posters do not. Hoping he gets out of jail soon (I'm sure it was just overnight or something like that)

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Saw him practicing

ban said:
do you think its funny being in jail for breaking stuff?? its a bit childish of all of you...maybe he is the best downhiller now but in terms of "education" ...he hasnt got any....shame on him.....shame on you.....
A few years back when I lived in SoCal I hadn't started jumping yet but was watching jumpers at Sheep Hills on the way back from my road ride (mtb with slicks)
Peat was practicing on a big step up and being taken photos of

I was, to be honest with yas, totally floored at the power and control he had. Awesome style and precision jumping, then he'd use his speed after the tranny to manual
no helmet, no pads (that I could see), just a casual session

I think he saw me gaping and just laughed

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
I'm sure Steve Peat is an excellent rider. What he lacked that night he got busted was common sense and self control. (yes, we're all guilty of this at some point) I'm sure the guy was psyched that he won, and went out and partied and did something stupid. I'm sorry, but it's not something to be idolized.

C'mon folks, how can you condone the guy getting busted?

Clyde

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm kind of sorry that I posted this news story; since it has caused a pretty big debate on Steve's personal life.

We don't really know what happened, it could have been something really small and stupid. Or, since three other people were arrested, he could have just been along for the ride...

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
come on ban.....

Everybody, I mean EVERYBODY has done something bad in their life when having a little fun...He just got caught

·
Registered
132 Posts
Steve Peat is still the man! I am still inspired and I think I will go out tonight and get drunk because of it!! Maybe that is why he is so fast. Any of you still want to ***** about his antics go write on the XC forum! :D

·
Registered
313 Posts
Call_me_Clyde said:
I'm sure Steve Peat is an excellent rider. What he lacked that night he got busted was common sense and self control. (yes, we're all guilty of this at some point) I'm sure the guy was psyched that he won, and went out and partied and did something stupid. I'm sorry, but it's not something to be idolized.

C'mon folks, how can you condone the guy getting busted?

Clyde
LOL!!!! You're just f-ing with us, right? :D

Common sense and self control? NOOOO..... it's the incarceration happy police state that needs to get some common sense and self control.

I agree with everyone else. Steve Peat is a hero.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Jail is almost as fun / cool as a kick to the throat. World Champs generally don't get where they are by falling into line or whining about how this that or the other thing is illegal though.

"Shame on you!"???

Dude, please - my grandmother would laugh at you for sounding like such a puss.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
well, if this is the kind of "sport" that you like ..( I mean breaking things inside a pub, throwing bottles to other customers, breaking cars outside the pub and urban stuff...) maybe you can start a "hooligan forum" if you like.....as these are the kind of things that I dislike, I will go on visiting this forum (if you, tough guys, forgive my poor life... :D :D )

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.