Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have one question or a favor to ask everyone. i am doing a research paper at school on Steroids and would like to know if anyone could recommend me some good articles or books that talks about steroids or EPO in the cycling world.
Thanks in advanced for your help.
John C

·
Registered
393 Posts
iliveonnitro said:
Anyone else want to try HGH and whatever else he took after reading that article? He should have went more indepth with the negatives...
Not me but I may be the exception.
We just had our end of season dinner for my team and the same question came up regarding Tyler, Roberto and a few guys we know who have been popped for EPO racing D3. I was in the minority as one who said they'd never cheat no matter what. Everyones reasoning was different but the one reoccurring theme was "I just want to win" if only one time. I've won enough on the road to know it isn't worth cheating to get there. Mind you most of these guys wouldn't do it and wouldn't have the flash cash to support 10-20k a year for cycling drugs but it had still crossed their minds.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Don't blisters form where you inject yourself with the steroids?

I could never do it. Besides having no money, winning wouldn't feel legit to me if I cheated - and I wouldn't be happy that I needed something other than my own body to help me make up for a lack of skill and fitness.

When I was a junior in high school and I lift weights every day it crossed my mind because I peaked at 180 bench and 315 squat for over a month before I quit lifting entirely. Realizing the costs now, there is no way in hell I would have been able to afford it.

·
Banned
20,161 Posts

·
Long Distance MTB
284 Posts
Some interesting articles

I don't have the links but there are a couple good articles by Joe Lindsey in Bicycling web site (his articles are pretty much the only reason I go to that site)
-Straight On Into The Barriers
-Man or Medicine?

There was also a good article "Cut and Run" by Shaun Assae in ESPN Insider

Regards,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts