Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ride da mOOn
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking forward to a super weekend coming up it was road tripping to our smallest state in the union, Rhode Island for Mt Biking and Moto trials spectating in the Arcadia Preserve! Along the way we stopped for a food break, a guy walking in has a Cannondale shirt on, I said: Hey, Cannondale rider where do ya ride" He says: Ya, I own a shop in Lewisburg" "Holy crap" I said, "Do you know Matt Miller?" He says; Ya he works for me, I'm Brett" Followed by 3 guys trading stories and BSing over the Topcat's Fat Bike!

Back on the road, traveling a few more hours arriving in a town with a very similar name I have heard before(Exeter, the Rhode Island version) Where Stepping Stone Ranch is located is like going to "BIG ROCK" heaven, and having them hosting the last round of the Moto Trials nationals this weekend Topcat and I made it a 2 dayer trying out camping gear and survival equipment.

Saturday nights awards presentation was highlighted by Pat Smage(yes that Pat Smage seen on Americas Got Talent show) crowned the NATC Moto Trials National champion for the fifth year in a row along with many of our other friends in their respective classes! Then it was on to the pasta dinner in the lodge, Only in Moto Trails can you stand in line with national champion riders and talk of great times while waiting for food to arrive. Team Sherco rider, Andrew Oldar spoke with Topcat and I for a half hour, great rider and all around nice person as well as 6 time Pa champ Ryan Young team manager for Sherco Motorcycles also owner of RYP. After our meal followed by music and hanging out talking about the days highlights ending a Saturday not to be forgotten.

Morning starts early at 5:30 and off to the "Middle of Nowhere Dinner" (Yes that is the actual name) for a great breakfast, sitting there many other friends arrive for the days events. Fellow district 6 trials riders Dave Bardell, Jay Partner walked in and joined our conversation. After breakfast it was time to get ready for the fun. Rode our mt bikes out to section 3 while enjoying the super tricky loop was a blast. Section 3 was the gap rock, lotsa mini steps, and a really tough flip turn over top of rock deal. Gotta thank the checkers in this section for putting up with our cheering on our friends and running around getting tons of pics! The NE trials crew does a fantastic job at this event!

Moto Trials events are designed so spectators can walk through the woods to sections on a spectator only loop/trail not having to step aside for motos as the motos have their own loop/trail. There was even a bus to take you to major locations of viewing. Mt bikes were allowed as long as you were respectful to other trail users. Topcat was king as everyone wanted to know about the mt bike with the BIG TIRES! He could have sold at least 10 Fat Bikes at this event and being the good guy he was having fun letting other non riders try his Fat Bike! Smiles were everywhere!

We continued our mt bike wagon train off to section 4,5,6 and 7 making
for a really tired 2 mt bikers, and we didn't even compete. It was a pleasure for me as a few years back I minded for Gas Gas team ridier Chris Bardell and seeing the Box Car Rocks, and the Thread the Needle sections brought back great memories of riding Moto Trials here. The checker in the Box Car rocks section even let me get a pic of my Redline Mt Bike laying on these one of a kind rock formations! Thanks!

Hundreds of pics talking with so many riders and seeing the amazing talents is worth the trip to Stepping Stone Ranch! As you view the pics look close many of the growing list of competitors are Women. This is a sport that is so similar to mt biking in many aspects, if you interested I have included links for your viewing:

MotoTrial

D6 Trials – Motorcycle Trials

Welcome to American Beta | American Beta

GAS GAS USA - Home Of GAS GAS Motorcycles

OSSA World - Official U.S. Distributor for OSSA Motorcycles

ShercoUSA Trials Motorcycles Official Website

Events*|*Trial*|*World Championships*|*Sport*|*Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme

For any Mt Bikers interested in viewing Moto trails in Pa, we will be heading to the District 6 ,Tricky Trylers event August 5th, more info coming soon!

Attachments

·
Did you ever have ham?
1,650 Posts
Wow, sounds like a great weekend!!! I hope you have more pics to share. I was kind of doing my own version of "Moto" trials yesterday...trying not to dab too much while I was riding...lucky for me the count can only go to five...LOL!!!

·
Ride da mOOn
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Ride da mOOn
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The gap in section 3 was a real thrill...

...Pat Smage and his minder checking lines!

Attachments

·
wounded knee
1,369 Posts
Looks like a really good time.
Attending a trials event is always a blast.:thumbsup:

·
i moto too
216 Posts
thanks for posting - sounds like you had a great time (but then again it always sounds like you have a great time) it’s amazing what they can get up/over/through. never knew you were a minder - cool.

·
Ride da mOOn
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sounds like you had a great time (but then again it always sounds like you have a great time)
Everything I do is filmed in a studio down by a river somewhere, nothing is real or actually happens in real life, lots of fake characters and posers say they are my friends. I have to pay animals to dress up as humans and perform and it gets expensive, so I sell pencils to survive!... LMAO
:skep::skep::skep::skep::skep:

But I don't mind... minding!

·
Ride da mOOn
8,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
do you do your own stunts?

Only on Saturdays after an eclipse...

so that's why animals pop up in some of your pictures :D
Yes, lately the International Turtle Racing Association has been in touch, but they are really slow at getting into the picture!

LOL:D

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Stepping Stone Ranch......

....near Escoheag Rhode Island!.....saw many a concert there back in the day.....the best one was Brownsville Station....of "Smokin' in the Boys room" fame.....cool festival site.....enjoyed your pictures of the ride terrain Lee, Thx. Ride On!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts