Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
A Huckin' Hypocrite
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this last weekend my buddy Al and I headed to Papago to expand on our experience hitting bigger things after last weekend at NRA. Al arrived about 45 mins before me and with his wife and camera in tow decided to hit the big step down prior to my arrival. He apparently cased it on his first attempt and came back with a fearless speedier attempt... it was around 11 and the wind was kickin up a bit and the pics tell the story. In the 3rd pic you can see his hips have turned as I think the front of his bike is pushing to the left. Probably having kind of baggie pants to catch the wind didn't help matters. Anyway he walked away after laying down for several minutes more than once. Had a dinger on his right upper eye socket area next to his temple, a very sore shoulder, some nice forearm roadrash, and a very black and blue toe. Oh and a trashed pair of sunglasses :madman:

Edit- I said expand on "our" experience and I need to mention that "we" did not expand on "our" experience... "I" quickly loaded my bike back in the truck and headed to SOMO for some action closer to the ground

Attachments

·
A Huckin' Hypocrite
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dog Love

luckybastard said:
Did the dog check on him?
Yeah that's his dog Chili, there was a pic of Chili lickin his face that was pretty good. His wife was holdin' the camera and she apologized for taking her finger off the shutter button when she saw he was crashin'... Now that's a true freeriders wife!! She did have the sense to get a couple shots of him laid out on the ground though :thumbsup:

G

·
ruckus222 said:
Sorry about the crash. Now would anybody be willing to PM me and let me in on the whereabouts of the area. Thanks.
It says in the original post. Its at Papago park, behind the zoo, next to the canal.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Papago is no fun with the wind whipping. It always seems to be just the wrong direction. I'm happier at NRA even if the drive is twice as far. Those drops kinda wore me down over the years we played out there...

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
RidingRiot said:
cool thanks, never been out there yet, probably cause i didnt know that was there, any other stuff like that out there?
Last time I was out there, it looked like there were a lot of steep lipped BMX-style jumps. That stepdown leads into a double if I remember correctly.
Also, there is another smaller step down next to it, but its not a gapper.

I haven't been out there in awhile though, its always changing.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts