Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new Jamis Komodo2 and the stem just looks boogy. Id like to get a nicer stem. Nothing wrong with this one so I will be honest...its for looks as well as function.

Alloy 4-bolt bar clamp threadless,
30° rise x 60mm extension

Something similar to these demensions I guess.

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
thomson x4 stems are hot. do you know if those are the proper dimensions for you?

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...

saturnine said:
thomson x4 stems are hot. do you know if those are the proper dimensions for you?

Thats whats on there and it feels pretty good so as long as it is not a drastic difference I could adjust...

·
GAME ON!
4,965 Posts
hope has stems with 25* rise and 50/70 mm lengths. the thomsons max out at 10*

·
squish is good
4,933 Posts
Race Face Evolve AM - available in 50 and 70mm with an 8 degree rise. This is what I've got on my bike!

I like the Atlas stem as well though...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Check this out...

All very cool. im gonna hit my LBSs and see what they have. Im loving this....Kind of gawdy but cool....

Attachments

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Used the Ritchey WCS and a couple of others but the Thomson X4 and the Thomson Elite are the best. They don't squeak, are very stiff, and look to be the best constructed of them all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hip said:
All very cool. im gonna hit my LBSs and see what they have. Im loving this....Kind of gawdy but cool....

My LBS has one of those lying around. I've messed with it...it's HEAVY.

And I don't think it came in 31.8.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thompson Elite. The nice thing is that the back of the stem is smooth- so if you smash your knee into your stem you don't end up with a bolt imprint on your knee cap......

1 - 20 of 59 Posts