Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dialed in my forks and the bike is feeling better. I would like to se what size (spec) stems you 5'10 riders are using. My bike is still not feeling 100%.

I have highrise bars and a Raceface 70mm 6degree now

Thanks,
Dan :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm about 6' 2" and I ride a large. I started out with a 120mm x 10deg Thompson. It climbed great, but I wanted to try something a bit more aggressive for the downhill (most of my rides are a long uphill followed by a longish downhill, not much up/down/up/down action). I just put a 70 or 80mm x 0 deg Thompson (can't remember which) and I love it. On really steep climbs you gotta use some extra body english to keep the front end tracking, but the downhill feels great.

·
Commit or eat sh!t
2,393 Posts
Shorter stem if you are more into DH, longer if more into climbing. I use/used 50mm Thomson, and like that a lot.

If you don't like how it handles, it may not be the stem. Try lowering the handlebar (remove spacers, low rise bar, etc.), different saddle, seatangle, seatpost position, etc.

·
Penny's my cow-cat
303 Posts
I'm 5'10"ish and have a 6.6 size med. with a 90/5° Thompson stem. Works for me. I tried a 50/0° but it killed my climbing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts