Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was my thinking. I did eyeball the stem length and it is a 120mm. Also the HT length is 5.5" on the NRS and 6" on the Burner. I should be OK with the Black. I may have less steerer tube exposed from the fork so I may go with a little steeper stem.

I am getting psyched! Hopefully I will have everything together by next weekend.

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are shipping it ground which is fine by me. I wouldn't have a chance to get it built by the end of this week and my chances of riding this weekend are kinda slim. I'll order the stem, BB, and headset today/tomorrow. I am still a little bit concerned about the amount of tube on the Black but I like some drop between the seat and the bars (at least on the NRS). I noticed you've got a few spacers on yours.

·
Hooligan
680 Posts
RedRocker said:
I noticed you've got a few spacers on yours.
I set it up that way to give myself the ability to drop the stem if I need to, but I am not sure it's necessary.

worse case scenario for you is, if the steerer is too short: (talking to your wife after the box arrives) "honey, I had to order this (insert fork of your dreams here) fork, it's the only fork that will fit this crazy turner frame"

·
\|/Home of the Braves\|/
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I am not sure she really believes I ordered it yet.
Plus you are making me sounds like Mr. "I accidently turned the bolt the wrong way and broke my fork so I had to order a new Reba".
But yeah, a TALAS would be sweet. Maybe a higher end Minute with adjustable travel...

Somehow that fork-o-my-dreams could cost darn near what I am paying for the frame:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.