Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride in an area that has some fast rock gardenish decents that create a lot of vibration on the hands when bombing down... was wondering if I upgraded my stem and/or grips if it would absorb some of that vibration. (Or do I just need to pull up my skirt, change my tampon, shut up, and ride??) My grips are pretty worn (but I can still hang on) and I've got an old @ss Kore stem. Any advice or insight?

Thanks in advance!

·
(enter witty phrase here)
2,250 Posts
jblaze7777 said:
I ride in an area that has some fast rock gardenish decents that create a lot of vibration on the hands when bombing down... was wondering if I upgraded my stem and/or grips if it would absorb some of that vibration. (Or do I just need to pull up my skirt, change my tampon, shut up, and ride??) My grips are pretty worn (but I can still hang on) and I've got an old @ss Kore stem. Any advice or insight?
Maybe you need a fork upgrade (or tuning) rather than a stem/grip upgrade. New cushy rubber grips can help. But will be minimal. New stem won't.

·
bang
1,290 Posts
if you don't have one already, a nice high-volume tire run at low pressure would certainly help absorb some shock a lot more than any grip would. just be sure the tread pattern works for your terrain (no duh right? lol).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.