Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Just have a question regarding steering dampers for my Giant Sedona CX. I recently got a double leg kick stand because the single stand would just tip over everytime I had weight in the rear basket ie. the groceries.
Now I face the problem of the handlebar smacking me in the face or hip because it's in the air. So I looked at steering dampers from Hebie... but I think they only work with rigid steel forks and not my Suntour NEX fork. :(
There's also hopey, but $200 for a damper... WTF.
Would anyone be able to suggest some quick fix (or cheap damper) that will solve my problem? Can you add resistance to the steering stem??

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
You could just crank the headset down real tight and it would solve your problem. Or take the headset apart and put a handful of sand in. Boiling salt water would probably work but might take longer. Button it back up and should stiffen the handle bar up no problem.

·
Registered
483 Posts
These still can be found from time to time. Called the flick stand . It's exactly what you are looking for .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396194595.759928.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Just have a question regarding steering dampers for my Giant Sedona CX. I recently got a double leg kick stand because the single stand would just tip over everytime I had weight in the rear basket ie. the groceries.
Now I face the problem of the handlebar smacking me in the face or hip because it's in the air. So I looked at steering dampers from Hebie... but I think they only work with rigid steel forks and not my Suntour NEX fork. :(
There's also hopey, but $200 for a damper... WTF.
Would anyone be able to suggest some quick fix (or cheap damper) that will solve my problem? Can you add resistance to the steering stem??

Thanks.
Carry a ball bungee cord and use it to tie the rim to the down tube when you park the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts