Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Bike's hmmm nice
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had little steel washers that fitted between my 2008 LX cranks and the pedals. Sadly lost them in my car when I took the pedals off. LBS doesn't seem to have them. Now my new Enduro comes without pedals and without those little rings. But the grove to fit them seems to be in the crank. (don't know how to post pictures here to support this theory) Do I need them or is it OK to just screw the pedals agains the alu of the crank??

All confused here because the rings have been on multiple cranks I had before. And my truvative cranks even have a permanent steel insert....

·
...idios...
5,662 Posts
Pedal washers seem to be less common these days, for some reason. I've fitted new SXL and XT cranks to bikes recently and both have the recess for washers, but aren't supplied with them. It's not such an issue with pedals that have a totally round edge on the edge which faces up to the crank, but some pedals (like DMRs) have a relatively small face with two flat edges. These type of pedals can dig into the crank and deform the mating surface.

I always prefer to use pedal washers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.