Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing a steel frame for XC use. My criteria is it needs to be compatible with a 85mm XC fork and NOT A SIGLE SPEED only frame. I was checking out the Zion 853 at Jenson, but thought it was singlespeed only. Am I wrong to say that? Can Ibuild a multi-spped Zionm?

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
yes, the Zion -- even the EBB model -- has a derailleur hanger AND brake caliper pivot bosses for cantis/v-brakes. it's a good design that accommodates a lot of uses, as long as you don't mind the extra der hanger and v-brake bosses if you're building a SS rig with disc brakes, for example.

short answer: yes, you can build a Zion gearie.

·
Registered
11,763 Posts
Kona Explosive...

richeyr said:
I am thinking of purchasing a steel frame for XC use. My criteria is it needs to be compatible with a 85mm XC fork and NOT A SIGLE SPEED only frame. I was checking out the Zion 853 at Jenson, but thought it was singlespeed only. Am I wrong to say that? Can Ibuild a multi-spped Zionm?
has the ability to be used as a SS or gearie

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
richeyr said:
How much you going to spend? Go to the SS board and click on the Faq links, most those companies make sweet steel frames in both geared and non.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.