Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need opinions and help with this one gentlemen, and the occasional ladies.

I'm riding a Kona Shred now that I've turned into SS, stripped down, upgraded cranks and broken things, but it's getting to the point where I need something more.

I work at a shop now so I can get amazing deals on things. I'm going half and half on a fully built Imperial ordered at the shop but never picked up. My friend is getting the frame, and I'm getting everything else to put on my Shred until I get a new frame.

I'm getting 24 in wheels, and I believe a gold label or a nixon, I'm not sure.

I'd like to get a new a frame now for the nice new parts.

I've been looking at Identiti 666R, BMW Park Bike, EVIL Doc GeekHouse, Union Street, and Tranistion ToP.

I like the adjustable brake mounts on the Identiti, BMW, EVIL, and Geekhouse.

I'd like to go steel.

I'm 200lbs, and will be doing street, park and DJ only with the bike and single speed as well.

Any input would be nice.

·
train gorilla
192 Posts
The identiti, park bike, and geekhouse can run v brakes or disc. TOP and DOC are disc only. Union street molly is U brake only and 110 BMX spaced. They all have different geometry as well. Out of your adjustable mount choices, I would go with the geekhouse wormtown.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
snaky69 said:
The streetfighter in Lickqid's sig is something I would consider.

A deathmobile from nemesis project or 24'' secret agent might also interest you.
YES my suggestion is for the 24" DeathMobile , this bike will suit you very well.

Note: if your running dedicated 24"s you dont need ajustable brake mounts .

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you have some money, I'd go for the Union street bike. you will have to get a U-brake, but they're not too much, you can get a great setup (fly brake, oddysey lever and cable) for about $100. Since your building 24"s, its a great opportunity to pick a quality bmx hub (you need one for the USB), Some MTB companies try to immitate the bmx hubs with their own mtb- spaced (135) hubs, but your better getting a bmx one. plus bmx parts are generally cheaper. Get a gold label, nixons arent street forks. NemPro has some good offerings for forks and frames aswell. but i do recomend getting something with u-brake and bmx spaced dropouts.

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
Hey, I've got an Eastern DJ/street frame for sale (Reynolds 520 butted chromo tubing), with 24" rear wheel - an effin' sweet 14mm Eastern26 disc cassette hub, built to an atomlab GI Dirt/Aircorp w/ 36 DT spokes...
takes an integrated headset, has removeable gyro tabs, and fits euro bb (which I could include) and ISO disc mounts. you can run pegs on it with the 14mm rear axle, but I never did...
not even a year old.
pm me for some pics if you're interested...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.