Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
might be looking for a unicorn:
- tapered head tube
- disc brakes
- 15mm thru axle
- steel
- rack mount (and/or water bottle bosses)

it's going on a Soma Wolverine and they're out of the standard unicrown forks that are made for the new 4.0 Type A. been searching for a replacement that isn't carbon, having a hard time finding something that meets all of the criteria. yall have any better luck?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There are number of options once you consider using a lower headset cup that reduces the lower cup size diameter to 1 1/8" for a straight steer tubed fork if the frame has a tapered headtube

I'm in the same boat and thinking of using this..

https://www.fyxation.com/products/carbon-fiber-adventure-fork
considering both of these, the Bearclaw Ramhorn and the Fyxation Sparta, as well as the Rodeo Labs Spork 2.0. The Bearclaw has clearance for 29x2.6 which may be too much. the Fyxation has clearance for 700x42 which may be too little. I think it would be weird if my tire size choice was limited by the fork. that's what's pointing me to the Spork, clearance matches that of the Wolverine's chainstays. however, i may just wait for the matched forks to come out late May '19

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.