Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Chainguide either attaches to ISCG mounts or e-type adapter plate. Cranks shouldn't matter.

For a lot of 3-piece cranks you'll have to purchase a spider in order to run a 4/5 bolt bashguard or chainring.

e13 makes a chainguide specifically for microdrive btw.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What size is the BB shell? If it's Euro size and has ISCG or ISCG05 mounts, then you mount directly to the frame. If it's euro and no ISCG tabs at all, you mount under the BB cup. If it's an American BB shell, than it must have ISCG05 mounts to mount a chainguide. An American shell with no ISCG05 mounts will not accept any chainguide to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know they mount directly to the frame,i just didnt know if the thicker chainring ill be using,or any other factor made a difference.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Micnap said:
What size is the BB shell? If it's Euro size and has ISCG or ISCG05 mounts, then you mount directly to the frame. If it's euro and no ISCG tabs at all, you mount under the BB cup. If it's an American BB shell, than it must have ISCG05 mounts to mount a chainguide. An American shell with no ISCG05 mounts will not accept any chainguide to the best of my knowledge.
I've seen a MRP mounted to an American shell. It used a euro conversion and the e-type backplate. It took a bit of modification to the backplate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.