Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Go Kart Motzart said:
Does anyone know of a local shop or mail order house that has any 56cm Steamrollers. I'm in need and Surly is outa stock. Thanks.
I just ordered a 56 cm Steamroller through my LBS. QBP told them they have shipped from the factory and are due to hit the US on the 14th. I "should" have mine within two weeks...

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixintogo said:
I just ordered a 56 cm Steamroller through my LBS. QBP told them they have shipped from the factory and are due to hit the US on the 14th. I "should" have mine within two weeks...
Yep, my shop called Quality and was told the same thing, but he rolled his eyes and said he really doubted it would be anytime that soon. Looks like he was right.

This from the Surly blog....

- Steamroller framesets- these shouldn't be too much longer because we know production is wrapping up in the next few weeks. But it's safe to say we won't have them ready until the end of January or early February.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Go Kart Motzart said:
Yep, my shop called Quality and was told the same thing, but he rolled his eyes and said he really doubted it would be anytime that soon. Looks like he was right.

This from the Surly blog....

- Steamroller framesets- these shouldn't be too much longer because we know production is wrapping up in the next few weeks. But it's safe to say we won't have them ready until the end of January or early February.
You can have someone at your local shop add the Steamroller to ItemWatch, a service QBP has on their website that will automatically send an email to the shop when the item goes into stock. That is how we keep up with out of stock items at my shop and it is really quick.

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
Go Kart Motzart said:
Yep, my shop called Quality and was told the same thing, but he said he really doubted it would be anytime that soon.
But it's safe to say we won't have them ready until the end of January or early February.
Ouch. Now I hate that Surly blog!

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
99% built!

Go Kart, your bike looks sweet! I went to the shop last night to take my first look at mine. It's 99% built and I could have taken it home except I wanted to switch the saddle and bar tape and we're waiting for toe clips, of all things. Friday afternoon it'll be all mine (which is just as well, because I didn't want the maiden voyage to be a commute to work, anyway). Pictures will go up this weekend, after I get it de-stickered. The ordering/waiting/building has been agony, but a really fun agony!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Sweeettt!

Go Kart Motzart said:
I have had mine for about a week now and it's alot of fun. Riding a fixie is HARD!

Last night was my first real ride. I was on it for close to three hours and I was totally shot. The last hour I was having fantasies about being able to coast. Great workout though.
Nice looking ride! You spec'ed it out very nice...gotta love those bars. Fixed is a little tough at first, so start out slow, but it won't take you too long. A brake helped for me and gave me a sense of security. You gotta love when you forget you're riding fixed and try to coast though! Talk about a wake up call... Three hours for an opening fixed ride is pretty hard core IMO, so you've got the skills. It won't be long until you're riding off-road on that thing. :D Just wait until late spring when you try and go back to riding a FW, it's a mess.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fixintogo said:
"go back"? what is this "go back" you speak of? :D
:D Yeah, you're right! For me, going back meant taking out my FS bike on last time before I sold it and figuring out that crankset / cog-set really wasn't loose. I've only been riding fixed now for a little over a year so I'm still a noob. I just ordered a new KM today and I'm planning on riding that bike fixed at a couple longer MTB events this year. If the courses are really gnarly, like Leadville, I'll put the single FW back on.
Make sure you post pic's of your new ride too!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Fixintogo said:
2006 Steamroller, 56cm. Pretty self-explanatory, parts-wise. Gotta love the leather Brooks bits - this is a poor man's Scorcher!
Yeah, the Ibis scorcher was cool but man... you're new Steam'er is off the hook!!! My KM will be here on Tuesday; got all the fixed bits ready to roll. I'm stoked to get it built but this thread has me thinking of about other things.
:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.