Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've been lurking the forums for a good while now and I'm looking for a last bit of advice. Father's day is coming up and I'm looking get get my dad a dropper post. His frame has internal routing, and I know that he wants an infinitely adjustable post.

After a bit of price comparing, I found that the stealth Reverb is hovering around $450, about 150 more than I remembered; while the KS Lev Integra can be found for $330-375. From what I have generally heard, it seems that the reverb is no longer as reliable as it was last year, and that the Lev seems to require frequent maintenance as well. I am simply unsure of which direction to go in given the price difference.

Of course, stealth routing is a nicety, not a requirement. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,637 Posts
I don't know which is better but they are both good choices, and I'm sure your dad will be happy and really appreciate that you gave him either one.

Also remember that most expensive doesn't always mean best, and that dads don't necessarily want the most expensive gifts from their kids. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all of the replies, I can't believe I missed that deal on chainlove.

I'll keep an eye on the Strate and Covert, I am a little wary of the two given that both Xfusion's and Thomson's previous droppers had quite a few reliability issues. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I just got an X Fusion Strate 150mm drop x 30.9. It is awesome super smooth action. Only have two rides under my belt, so cant report on durability. Easy to set up.
Avoid the Lev integra until they fix the cable attachment mechanism. In its current form it has the potential for serious headaches.
The reverb stealth is awesome. I would have got that, but I wanted a 150mm drop and they don't do it in a 30.9. That being said the X fusion Strate was only $289 direct from them. They are an easy company to deal with, which made it all the better.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I just got an X Fusion Strate 150mm drop x 30.9. It is awesome super smooth action. Only have two rides under my belt, so cant report on durability. Easy to set up.
Avoid the Lev integra until they fix the cable attachment mechanism. In its current form it has the potential for serious headaches.
The reverb stealth is awesome. I would have got that, but I wanted a 150mm drop and they don't do it in a 30.9. That being said the X fusion Strate was only $289 direct from them. They are an easy company to deal with, which made it all the better.
Can't agree more on the Lev Integra. I jumped on installing one thinking it would be as easy as my externally routed Lev. Not the case. The attatchment mechanism on the post is horrible and the way the cable connects to the lever on your bars is even worse. Definitely would not reccomend the Lev Integra.

Even though I own a Lev I would highly reccomend the Reverb. The hydraulic action on the Reverb is so much nicer and smoother than the action on my Lev. I wish I would have had the chance to ride both before buying mine, I definitely would have a Reverb if I had. And even though the Reverb has had some reliability issues, or so I hear, my understanding that Rockshox/SRAM has been extremely easy to deal with regarding any issues.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Can't agree more on the Lev Integra. I jumped on installing one thinking it would be as easy as my externally routed Lev. Not the case. The attatchment mechanism on the post is horrible and the way the cable connects to the lever on your bars is even worse. Definitely would not reccomend the Lev Integra.

Even though I own a Lev I would highly reccomend the Reverb. The hydraulic action on the Reverb is so much nicer and smoother than the action on my Lev. I wish I would have had the chance to ride both before buying mine, I definitely would have a Reverb if I had. And even though the Reverb has had some reliability issues, or so I hear, my understanding that Rockshox/SRAM has been extremely easy to deal with regarding any issues.
I have been riding the original Reverb for 3 years and it has been very reliable. It does require bleeding the system about once a year. It is a time consuming process that I never look forward to. For this reason I am looking at one of the cable actuated posts for my new Mach 6. I am leaning toward the XFusion stealth. It seems all the posts have problems so why not buy the cheapest? I agree with Pinkbike: "Why can't the manufacturers make a reliable seatpost that only goes up and down a few times per ride when they can make forks reliable that go up and down hundreds of times per ride?"

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
"Why can't the manufacturers make a reliable seatpost that only goes up and down a few times per ride when they can make forks reliable that go up and down hundreds of times per ride?"
Because forks dont have a clamp putting pressure around the lower leg.

·
Cactus Cuddler
1,818 Posts
My frame has the routing option to run an internal dropper - I chose to run a KS LevDX (externally routed), and I'm really happy with that decision. Not only are those priced really well, but they're simpler to maintain (DIY possible, which is what sold me on that over the sexier Reverb Stealth)

·
Registered
195 Posts
My 2015 Giant trance SX came with a Giant Contact dropper seatpost with internal routing. I have been pleasantly surprised. I have had it for 3 months with no problems. Seat doesn't wobble and is infinitely adjustable. It also has an offset which allows better seat positioning. I had to get rid of my KS Lev on my old Epic because of a zero offset.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Are you sure you're talking about the second generation Integra? From a thread I read, it appeared KS upgraded people's first generation attachment point to a second generation at no cost. From what I understand, this eliminated the issues of attachment at both ends. The second generation uses the same handlebar lever as the regular LEV. If you still have the first generation, you may be able to get the upgraded end assembly.

The thread is located here: http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/ks-lev-integra-where-863686.html

-Chris

1 - 14 of 14 Posts