Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Johnny_Automatic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bring? Have full suspension, hardtail and road bike (yes this mtbr.com).
Are there ice free mountain trails within striking distance?
Bring the road bike for now and return in the summer with the free ride?

Recomendations in a LBS?

Thank you,
Johnny

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Johnny_Automatic said:
I bring? Have full suspension, hardtail and road bike .
Right now, I'd say road bike is your safest bet as we're in a snow and deep freeze pattern. There are lots of great road bike routes around Boulder too.

Of course, you could always just bring your hardtrail and pound the pavement if the trails aren't cleared but have it if they were.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
There will be good riding available for any bike you bring. A hardtail will probably net you the most versatility, though. Give me a shout/email when you're out if you'd like to hook up. Got a light? We ride every Tues at 6, too.

~dave

·
Registered
161 Posts
I would say hard tail or FS, unless there is a week of 60 degree weather that some how finds it's way her in the next 2 weeks

road bike in snow isn't a good idea

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
road bike if only 1 bike

Fantastic road rides around boulder. Sure we have some trails for riding & you could bring your HT, but the road bike gives you the most options that time of year. I've not been on any bike in about a month due to the weather, and usually one can road ride all year, after the roads clear, of course.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.