Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was around 90 degrees in this pic, but I still felt plenty cool. I wonder why?;)



but seriously, even on the uphill, in the sun, peddling parts, the Specialized Deviant helmet was cool and comfortable.
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
GuruAtma said:
It was around 90 degrees in this pic, but I still felt plenty cool. I wonder why?;)

but seriously, even on the uphill, in the sun, peddling parts, the Specialized Deviant helmet was cool and comfortable.
You and Big Larry both went with the large Specialized Deviant IIRC. What size is your noggin? I've got a 58.5cm noggin and looking to buy one as well. It seems to be towards the larger side of a medium.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan'ger said:
You and Big Larry both went with the large Specialized Deviant IIRC. What size is your noggin? I've got a 58.5cm noggin and looking to buy one as well. It seems to be towards the larger side of a medium.
My head is around 58cm, depending on how much hair I have (I'm having less and less as I get older...).

The medium helmet was a very tight fit--slightly uncomfortable in the shop, and I felt it would be more uncomfortable when I'm hot and sweaty. Does your head swell when you're hot?

Anyway I got the large and the shop gave me a bunch of pads. You can stick them between the helmet and the liner so that the pads don't contact your head directly. If you place them carefully you can increase the airflow thru the helmet. The larger size also helps with getting a camelbak hose in your mouth.
 

·
Feeling a little taller
Joined
·
6,705 Posts
GuruAtma said:
My head is around 58cm, depending on how much hair I have (I'm having less and less as I get older...).

The medium helmet was a very tight fit--slightly uncomfortable in the shop, and I felt it would be more uncomfortable when I'm hot and sweaty. Does your head swell when you're hot?

Anyway I got the large and the shop gave me a bunch of pads. You can stick them between the helmet and the liner so that the pads don't contact your head directly. If you place them carefully you can increase the airflow thru the helmet. The larger size also helps with getting a camelbak hose in your mouth.
My head swells when people comment on the sweet jumps I take my ride off of. Maybe I should get the large. :D

Away I go to order a Deviant!
 

·
moe.
Joined
·
371 Posts
I wear a large decibel and just ordered a large deviant...

ozlongboarder said:
Any idea how it fits compared to the Specialized Decibel XC helmet? I wear a large in the Decibel.
I think they fit the same. Its hard to find another full face with as much ventilation for under $150. I also found the fitting system in the deviant to be simalr to the decibel.
 

·
what a joke
Joined
·
2,279 Posts
mtntrance said:
I think they fit the same. Its hard to find another full face with as much ventilation for under $150. I also found the fitting system in the deviant to be simalr to the decibel.
Thanks, I am going to get one.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top