Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGH! Those old guys on the Road Bike Review Forum are jerks! Try to ask for some help and they will give you a smart-ass, shaved leg opinion. And if you look at the Ages they are all 50+! Grrr...
 

· New project, TBA shortly
Joined
·
1,023 Posts
RigidOne said:
UGH! Those old guys on the Road Bike Review Forum are jerks! Try to ask for some help and they will give you a smart-ass, shaved leg opinion. And if you look at the Ages they are all 50+! Grrr...
care to link to the post? I'm assuming that if you posted a relatively newbie-ish question here you'd get a lazy, smart-ass opinion. And if you look at the Ages here they're all under 18. Grrrrr....

(Something along the lines of "I'm new to FR, should I buy a 2000 Psylo, will it hold up to 10 foot drops" will get you laughed out of here REAL quick)

:D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dante said:
care to link to the post? I'm assuming that if you posted a relatively newbie-ish question here you'd get a lazy, smart-ass opinion. And if you look at the Ages here they're all under 18. Grrrrr....

(Something along the lines of "I'm new to FR, should I buy a 2000 Psylo, will it hold up to 10 foot drops" will get you laughed out of here REAL quick)

:D
haha it was a good question. And i just think they are old pricks that all haha. Heck yes WE are all under 18!
 

· Fashionably functional...
Joined
·
310 Posts
I'm on both forums. And I find pricks on both, as well as some others. It kills time when I'm stuck in my office. Roadies are naturally more uptight but can you really relate to the "wanna-be thug-life" that's been posting lately? To those (suburban ghetto posers)guys, speak and write like you have a hint of education.
Ask a decent question and let everyone answer. Any forums you go to will have some holier-than-thou jerkoff ripping back. But there are some decent helpful people here too.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AsianPersuasion said:
I'm on both forums. And I find pricks on both, as well as some others. It kills time when I'm stuck in my office. Roadies are naturally more uptight but can you really relate to the "wanna-be thug-life" that's been posting lately? To those (suburban ghetto posers)guys, speak and write like you have a hint of education.
Ask a decent question and let everyone answer. Any forums you go to will have some holier-than-thou jerkoff ripping back. But there are some decent helpful people here too.
oh yeah the MTBR forums totally kick ass. Over at RBR they use proper english and sip fine wine, while over here we have nice conversations about damn Canadians and 50 cent hoes
 

· Fashionably functional...
Joined
·
310 Posts
RigidOne said:
oh yeah the MTBR forums totally kick ass. Over at RBR they use proper english and sip fine wine, while over here we have nice conversations about damn Canadians and 50 cent hoes
Hey, I'm more into MTB than road bikes nowadays. I'm on this site the majority of my work day. I've had my share of posts and read a lot more than write. But have you noticed some of the posts recently. How the hell do you read that?? And how can you take a suburban kid on a $1K+ bike seriously talking like that?
Just curious, what was your question on RBR. Maybe I can help.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
AsianPersuasion said:
I'm on both forums. And I find pricks on both, as well as some others. It kills time when I'm stuck in my office. Roadies are naturally more uptight but can you really relate to the "wanna-be thug-life" that's been posting lately? To those (suburban ghetto posers)guys, speak and write like you have a hint of education.
Ask a decent question and let everyone answer. Any forums you go to will have some holier-than-thou jerkoff ripping back. But there are some decent helpful people here too.
not everyone wants to be boring all the time and stick to the rules of the English language...it may be that your imagination isn't good enough to figure out what they're saying...because I find their "wanna-be-thug-life" language much more entertaining than say an uptight persons' proper english complaining about creative useage of words....

not to say I understand it all...cuz I still get made fun of for asking what ROLFCOPTER literally meant...but I sure get a good laugh out of it... ;)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here is the question that i asked on RBR

My name is Dan and im in need of a little help. A couple of local rider and myself are looking to start a juniors team to compete next season. We have already found a USCF coach (a riders father) and a mechanic for the 06' season. Although each member has the money to fund themself, we are looking for sponsors to reduce the financial burden. Each rider has had at least a year of racing under his belt and understands the requirements both mentally and physically to race. Is there any source for obtaining sponsors for a new team? Has anyone experienced building a new team and obtaining support? I don't think we will need full factory help but at this time, anything would be excellent. Thank you for your help and all options/comments are greatly appreciated.

a very good question, I thought.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,423 Posts
JBsoxB said:
hold on, what does it mean? or is there no literal translation?
I was never told... I just get made fun of about how the ROLFCOPTER is flying over my head...zachypoo's sooo funny...actually I've even searched a bunch of the teenage internet lingo sites and can't find it...so maybe if the Kadvangy reads this he can clue us in cuz he's the one that uses it all the time... :rolleyes: :D
 

· Fashionably functional...
Joined
·
310 Posts
Not a bad question. Sorry you got flamed for that. As I said, there are pricks everywhere. Some are just jealous that you're fast enough to even considering finding sponsors.
As far as an answer, in case you haven't gotten one yet. There are a ton of bike part manufacturers. Many has a sponsor application. You can try to write them and plead your case. Most are past deadline for this year though(I think). And most will only give you parts at best. Try that route. I'm not an expert on this subject cuz I'm one of those not fast enough to consider finding sponsorship. But I ain't playa-hatin', werd.
Good luck, though
 

· Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AsianPersuasion said:
Not a bad question. Sorry you got flamed for that. As I said, there are pricks everywhere. Some are just jealous that you're fast enough to even considering finding sponsors.
As far as an answer, in case you haven't gotten one yet. There are a ton of bike part manufacturers. Many has a sponsor application. You can try to write them and plead your case. Most are past deadline for this year though(I think). And most will only give you parts at best. Try that route. I'm not an expert on this subject cuz I'm one of those not fast enough to consider finding sponsorship. But I ain't playa-hatin', werd.
Good luck, though
haha yeah we are fast. Thanks for the help man
 

· noMAD man
Joined
·
12,164 Posts
Gramps? You old hypocrite!

SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
post a link so we can show the gramps up
LOL! Us old guys gotta stick together and put these whippersnappers in their place! :D

Seriously, though, I read his post, and aside from some very minor grammatical errors, it was very polite and to the point. It was a very decent question IMHO. Working at a shop, I definitely notice the personality difference pattern that occurs with some frequency between mountainbikers and road-only riders. Notice I said "road only". Riders/customers that do both, seem to be much more well rounded people, as a general rule. Quite a few of the very serious road-only folk are relatively snobbish and have an attitude. Even the shop owner, who is about as nice a guy as I've ever known, has made the same observation. I don't know what it is that seems to drive this elitism, but there's a strong vein of it present in many of these folks.

Please understand that I ride road bikes...at least when the trails are wet. It's a good fitness tool and way better than running for my old body. However, I'll take mountainbike bike personalities as a general rule over roadies any day. I'd rather sit around a campfire drinking cheap tequila out of a half-gallon plastic bottle with MTB'ers than sipping fine wine in a French restaurant talking about 10spd Dura-Ace with roadies...LOL! Does that make me a snob? :rolleyes:
 

· Glad to Be Alive
Joined
·
42,881 Posts
TNC said:
LOL! Us old guys gotta stick together and put these whippersnappers in their place! :D

Seriously, though, I read his post, and aside from some very minor grammatical errors, it was very polite and to the point. It was a very decent question IMHO. Working at a shop, I definitely notice the personality difference pattern that occurs with some frequency between mountainbikers and road-only riders. Notice I said "road only". Riders/customers that do both, seem to be much more well rounded people, as a general rule. Quite a few of the very serious road-only folk are relatively snobbish and have an attitude. Even the shop owner, who is about as nice a guy as I've ever known, has made the same observation. I don't know what it is that seems to drive this elitism, but there's a strong vein of it present in many of these folks.

Please understand that I ride road bikes...at least when the trails are wet. It's a good fitness tool and way better than running for my old body. However, I'll take mountainbike bike personalities as a general rule over roadies any day. I'd rather sit around a campfire drinking cheap tequila out of a half-gallon plastic bottle with MTB'ers than sipping fine wine in a French restaurant talking about 10spd Dura-Ace with roadies...LOL! Does that make me a snob? :rolleyes:
yeah you are a low class, trailer dwelling, hucking maniac, cheap tequila drinking, Mountainbiker. How did you get this way MOFO??? Hey You are my type of people. Fuc the french resteraunts...they serve small portions that cost a hella lot.

Give me a few tacos, a swig of tequila and wash it down with a beer, throw in some chatter ...there you go good times
 

· chainpain
Joined
·
87 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top