Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi kids. Anyone recently ridden the Naked Lady fire road that runs between Bolinas Ridge and 5 Brooks? Can you verify that it's visible and viable? Or is it virtually vanished under verdant vegetation?

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Fake news! I thought this thread was about a Naked Lady Free Ridding near Bolinas, but alas, all it amasses to is alot of alluring alliteration.

*Sorry don't know the actual answer to your question, but could not help myself b/c I really think this post was something about a naked woman rider!

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
A naked--or at least topless--lady in Bolinas would be business as usual. I thought all the riding north of town was poach, but please keep us abreast of the situation (pics would be really helpful).

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most fire roads and a few trails in the GGNRA north of Bolinas are legal- Bolinas Ridge, Randall, Olema Valley Trail, Shafter Grade, Jewell Trail, and others. Access is more restricted in the Point Reyes National Seashore territory.

·
F*** it
1,277 Posts
Sorry, I was confusing the town of Bolinas and Bolinas Ridge (which I've ridden once), and I was thinking about the trails that go west from Bolinas into Pt. Reyes. I should always have a cup of coffee and breakfast before posting. Carry on!

·
My gloves stink
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah. Do you know who lives in that house at the bottom? Is that a ranger residence?

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Yeah. Do you know who lives in that house at the bottom? Is that a ranger residence?
Hey back Matt. Not sure but I've always just scooted by their driveway without issue. Sometimes a vehicle sometimes not. Dont recall ever seeing an official one tho. We should get out on a ride someday.😎

·
Registered
189 Posts
To the OP and everyone: please do write in to National Park Service and GGNRA requesting access to all fire roads and established trails in use and historically used by ranchers within these federal grazing areas. They are reviewing new management strategies for cattle management (and elk, and access) and allowing more park users to bike through cattle grazing is, in my educated opinion, low-hanging fruit that advocates, and locals, are asking for already to balance the current ranching equation. The ranchers in NPS are facing the facts that they don't share well with other users or animals. The environmental impact of bikes on the existing/historic ranch roads is very low to nil. Stay tuned for public comment period on the environmental document, but don't hesitate to contact NPS and GGNRA anyway as these public servants are working on it now.

That old road isn't maintained, and ends in a Park Residence. The driveways to Park Residences are specifically called out in the Superintendent's Compendium as one of the very few areas off limits to the public. Also, there's been a bit more enforcement in that area, so be wary of riding the unposted stuff. One of the Law Enforcement officers lives right there too. He's super nice, but don't ride into an easy bust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.