Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be traveling to State College this weekend & would appreciate recommendations....I know Rothrock is there but have heard it's pretty rocky/technical. For this trip I'd prefer something less techy & easy to navigate...looking at Black Moshannon State Park. How are the trails there/is it easy to find your way around/best spot to park? Or is there something else in the area that's better? Raystown sounds fun but it's an hour from where I'll be. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you are not up for the rocks and tech of Rothrock, then Black Moshannon is a good option. Best bet is to get a park map. Not all trails in the park allow bikes. There is also some nice riding on the trails heading out in the surrounding Moshannon State forest. If you would like specific trail recommendations, let me know.

We typically park in the main parking lot near the swimming beach and head out from there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all - made it to Black Moshannon, Raystown/Allegrippis, and did a little Rothrock after all. You all have some fantastic riding up there.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi and Michaux

Hi everybody: just joined the community

Can'thde it:main reason is to ask for help:
does any body able to help ( or even guide our group) with exploring the Michaux?
Any help will be greatly appreciated !!!

Jan (male not female)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.